Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kinjazor
06.07.2012 , 03:22 AM | #201
Haha, state small changes then wield a 50% nerf to one ability followed by a 35% nerf to another, thats really small...

Nolenthar
06.07.2012 , 03:30 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by nDjiin View Post
That would be a good start imo - but it wouldnt address the fact they can still out dps even the next closest surge class by a substantial margin, whilst at the same time out dps'ing mercs/ sorcs / snipers in overall dps. If it wasn't for EC being so melee unfriendly you would ONLY have 4 maras as your dps.
Because most of the game is unfriendly to melee character, melee dps character have to do more sustained dps when melee is possible, otherwise you would just have only ranged dps. Seems so obvious I wonder why I have to write it.

chelskiboy
06.07.2012 , 03:38 AM | #203
Since Tank assassin is gonna be nerfed, plz give us a buff on deception with either more burst or survivability... deception has the worst dps and the worst survivability out of all dps classes!!

nDjiin
06.07.2012 , 03:50 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Dozoku View Post
Bro that's not even the point, the 115% armor is a huge nerf man. Right now a shadow tank can't even 1v1 a marauder anymore. much less hold 2 to 3 ppl. we just became the most horrible class in the game both pve and pvp. I honestly don't think they have any idea what their doing, it seems they are in panic mode because of in experiences players crying how "over powered shadows are" its bad enough in beta we were nerf really bad now this crap again is just bloody silly, i could have live with the less healing part but seriously 115% armor? just what is the point of even playing a shadow or an assassin or even playing at all? It takes skills to be a shadow and a assassin, far beyond the skills of easy class like 1 button spam for gunners. ( no offences) Now i found out they mess with the relics as well? this game just became a video game for 9 year old.
When I am using my powertech I am finding the same problem (it never used to be the case) with marauders / sentinels. Their abilities scale so well with equipment that this issue is only going to get worse.

They need to come up with something drastic and not just continue to buff / nerf / tweak classes as this always either makes one class lacking in PvE (perfect example sorcs).

Maybe change the ways in which problematic skiils work in PvP (foe example the marauders not being able to deal damage when using thier 99% damage mitigation skill). Or even adjust the amount by which expertise buffs your alibilites in a class by class basis.

This really needs to be applied to healers in pvp - they are 'built' to heal a boss who can dps 3k or so as well as flash heal ~10k or so and at the same time keeping the rest of the raid healed through splash damage.
When u face 1 or 2 players in pvp doing 1250 dps then there is no point even attacking them sometimes - they can just heal though this. Even the crazy surge on my pyrotech cannot kill even a poor healer without some help with stuns (2 wont do it I can tell you).
But they are about where they need to be for PvE - so what do u do? I would give all healers another pvp only skill that gives them some more utility (like power regen ala Mystic from Tera or the ability to further buff other players - like every other healer in every other MMO). At the same time reducing the amount by which they can heal themselves and other players. This would also help the one sidedness when faced with one team who doesnt have a healer and one that does.

That brings me on to my last point : When are we getting duel specs? That alone would sort a lot of the problems out in one sided PvP games (which is a massive, massive issue). Why this hasnt been released I will never know.
They seem to like making life harder for themselves by bringing out pointless and unpopular class 'updates' (rofl) and completely ignoring the thins the community has been calling for for months.

TLDR
PvE and PvP are not the same thing and the class buffs / nerfs do not work due to this. Need for a new way of managing imbalance.
Healers need less heals and more buffs in PvP
Where is duel spec?

Faltun
06.07.2012 , 03:56 AM | #205
OMG u dont nerf DoT and AoE Maraurders but Assassins get a very very big nerf what re u doing i hope you lost all players. This game is a suck evrybody leave it. Assassins get big armor reduction and half 50% heal reduction it s radical brutal changes and what positive thigs 50% threat bonus what can i do with threat in WZs nothing congrat, Assassins just get negative changes. Evrybody have to make Sith Wariors because they never get NERF they re always OP and they re evrywhere because thats the most popular profession. and of course if i want another charcter i have to leveling up one i cant change my prof i cant buy another one i have to make one and do the do the most boring things in the world, leveling. I cant belive it.

spiion
06.07.2012 , 04:00 AM | #206
i have one question, when we will have guild starship? i supposed thath we ad this in 1.2, but i see that we wouldt have in 1.3, whenn!!!

Faltun
06.07.2012 , 04:02 AM | #207
Worst game i ever seen shift+delete!!!

Dozoku
06.07.2012 , 04:08 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by nDjiin View Post
When I am using my powertech I am finding the same problem (it never used to be the case) with marauders / sentinels. Their abilities scale so well with equipment that this issue is only going to get worse.

They need to come up with something drastic and not just continue to buff / nerf / tweak classes as this always either makes one class lacking in PvE (perfect example sorcs).

Maybe change the ways in which problematic skiils work in PvP (foe example the marauders not being able to deal damage when using thier 99% damage mitigation skill). Or even adjust the amount by which expertise buffs your alibilites in a class by class basis.

This really needs to be applied to healers in pvp - they are 'built' to heal a boss who can dps 3k or so as well as flash heal ~10k or so and at the same time keeping the rest of the raid healed through splash damage.
When u face 1 or 2 players in pvp doing 1250 dps then there is no point even attacking them sometimes - they can just heal though this. Even the crazy surge on my pyrotech cannot kill even a poor healer without some help with stuns (2 wont do it I can tell you).
But they are about where they need to be for PvE - so what do u do? I would give all healers another pvp only skill that gives them some more utility (like power regen ala Mystic from Tera or the ability to further buff other players - like every other healer in every other MMO). At the same time reducing the amount by which they can heal themselves and other players. This would also help the one sidedness when faced with one team who doesnt have a healer and one that does.

That brings me on to my last point : When are we getting duel specs? That alone would sort a lot of the problems out in one sided PvP games (which is a massive, massive issue). Why this hasnt been released I will never know.
They seem to like making life harder for themselves by bringing out pointless and unpopular class 'updates' (rofl) and completely ignoring the thins the community has been calling for for months.

TLDR
PvE and PvP are not the same thing and the class buffs / nerfs do not work due to this. Need for a new way of managing imbalance.
Healers need less heals and more buffs in PvP
Where is duel spec?
Doesn't matter to me they lost my sub over this retarded crap, they honestly don't know what their doing its bad enough we got nerf hard in beta now they seal the deal for what "real pvperthey had'

danpen
06.07.2012 , 04:30 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Dozoku View Post
Doesn't matter to me they lost my sub over this retarded crap, they honestly don't know what their doing its bad enough we got nerf hard in beta now they seal the deal for what "real pvperthey had'
You need to get other it if you know what i mean and stop moaning about that will get you NO were at the moment.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Protanos
06.07.2012 , 04:32 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Senior Designer Austin Peckenpaugh lets us in on details around class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3.

Read More
Having looked at new changes of a class the mercenary I consider this "designer" not as the competent employee since it broke that that worked and пыется to show that and it is necessary.
Where spell interruption for Merc/Com?
With this fix you lose many Merc players, you took away our rockets because of which we chose this class. For now Mercs have the lowest RDPS in this game.
I understand you so love marauders and jugger that on the mercenary of forces at you doesn't suffice but it is not necessary to touch that as so works.