Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dozoku's Avatar


Dozoku
06.06.2012 , 12:12 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Thank you SOOO much for the tank love!!!!
What tank love? they just bloody made us more squishy in terms of healing generated. 50%? 115% from 150% you gotta be kidding me. they just made my shadow tank the weakest class in the game. we went from tanking 3 ppl to 1/ you think slow time changes is going to be much since now we are going to be hammered. there goes my sub.

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
06.06.2012 , 12:14 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Well, we'll see how successful TESO is, then, because all skills and gear are the same for PvE and PvP, as it should be.
I am not saying the system cant work - I am saying that it doesn't work in SWTOIR atm.

Btw - I am so looking forward to Tes Online.

NDiggy's Avatar


NDiggy
06.06.2012 , 12:14 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I disagree. BioWare has always had a dedicated team for PvP. That's not what developers do if they're just going to "tack on" PvP. The proof is in how well-done WZ's are, and the fact that a much larger percentage of the population partake in PvP here than in any other MMO.

Don't let the failure of Ilum overshadow that fact.
Made me laugh.

On a further note, I hope there is more to come. Several classes need buffs and/or nerfs for PvP but their focus with these changes is PvE.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

AxeX's Avatar


AxeX
06.06.2012 , 12:38 PM | #114
> "Fixed" Gunslinger and Sniper capstone abilities.

> Meanwhile Sage and Sorcerer capstone abilities still suck.
Kemira - Level 50 Miraluka Jedi Shadow Tank Ashonde - Level 50 Chiss Powertech Tank
Kel'nera - Level 50 Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer DPS Epick - Level 50 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut DPS

schmidtyfi's Avatar


schmidtyfi
06.06.2012 , 12:39 PM | #115
Bioware,

Do you have any designers dedicated to the healing experience in this game? It really seems hard to believe that you do.

You shipped MAJOR bugs in the healing abilities: the double-tick on the sage AoE, the missing initial burst on the Sorc, the insane force regeneration abilities. An ability (benevolence) that had no utility whatsoever. Did anyone actually play a healer on your QA team? How could they possibly have missed these things?

In the first path, you "fixed" one of these issues by removing the initial burst on the Sage AoE, even though the tooltip clearly indicated it should be there and the animation is designed for one as well, while not fixing the double tick issue. A completely ad-hoc, shot-gun "solution".

The next patch, you fix the double tick and then completely change the Sage healing rotation because the force mechanics were so out of whack so that everything we learned about how to play the class had to be relearned. As it turns out, you simultaneously grossly oversimplified the sage healing experience while making it harder to heal your instances if DPS make mistakes (and then, inevitably, blame the healer).

Now, 1.3 and you have a thorough description of Tank and DPS balance, with nothing on heals.

This isn't QQ about your nerfs. This is a serious question about whether you have designers dedicated to the healing experience. It seems hard to believe that you do, given the above and some obvious usability issues (impossibly small debuff icons for cleansing, companions not appearing in ops frames, etc).

My initial 6 month subscription runs out in 3 weeks. I doubt I'll renew. Healing in this game simply isn't fun and you've given me little reason to believe that will change any time soon.

mariioow's Avatar


mariioow
06.06.2012 , 12:49 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Dozoku View Post
What tank love? they just bloody made us more squishy in terms of healing generated. 50%? 115% from 150% you gotta be kidding me. they just made my shadow tank the weakest class in the game. we went from tanking 3 ppl to 1/ you think slow time changes is going to be much since now we are going to be hammered. there goes my sub.
well they actually said that now shadows are going to be as strong as heavy armor tanks they aren't going to be the weakest class they are just going to be as good tanking as a guardian/juggernaut or vanguard/powertech

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
06.06.2012 , 12:51 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by mariioow View Post
well they actually said that now shadows are going to be as strong as heavy armor tanks they aren't going to be the weakest class they are just going to be as good tanking as a guardian/juggernaut or vanguard/powertech
How does that even make sense? They ALREADY have the weakest tanking ability in the game - their damage reduction is basically 10% less as it is than every other tank. Now it's going to be closer in line with a well geared Sentinel than a tank. On top of this, with the threat generation increase their PvE viability is basically completely gone.

In any case, how on earth is this supposed to make them better tanks????
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

zegota's Avatar


zegota
06.06.2012 , 01:01 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by mariioow View Post
well they actually said that now shadows are going to be as strong as heavy armor tanks they aren't going to be the weakest class they are just going to be as good tanking as a guardian/juggernaut or vanguard/powertech
What in the hell are you talking about? Reread the post. They massively nerfed Shadows. Massively. To the point where they are no longer viable as main tanks in PvE. They received both a huge healing nerf and a huge armor nerf. They were not improved in any way, and they absolutely are the weakest tank class now.

There is no logical reason any group would want a Shadow tank now, and I'm probably going to unsub because of it. I have no interest in rerolling or respeccing to DPS.
Vi'Treia - Jung Ma - Shield of the Republic

Aelflaed's Avatar


Aelflaed
06.06.2012 , 01:01 PM | #119
It 'almost' looks like a pattern of over-nerfing. (and maybe over-buffing) People seemed to agree that BHs/Troopers needed a nerf awhile back - but my merc feels stunningly weaker now. When I started, my sentinel felt weak, and I think they very much needed a buff to dps. But now they just seem to have crazy survivability in pvp. I can see either weakening assassins' armour OR self-healing, but both seems extreme, & people are going to be disappointed in their class.

What's wrong with baby steps, rather than this weird, hack & slash approach? They say, 'small changes,' and then you find your Death from Above is virtually a single target spell. A 50% cut is *not* small.

The game seems to me to be in a very fragile place right now with its player base. I'm not sure I'd feel great about having big nerfs, for the game's sake.

Diesl's Avatar


Diesl
06.06.2012 , 01:03 PM | #120
Guess I can stop leveling this Sin tank and go back to gearing up my jug tank. But i do think its unfair to go from only wanting sin tanks to not wanting them at all. But since most the good sin tanks will be full campain they might be able to keep up with me in my rakata set.