Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

psi_overtake
06.07.2012 , 11:50 AM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGrizzly View Post
MTFBWY
Great post. Really enjoyed reading it
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

cipher_nemo
06.07.2012 , 11:53 AM | #932
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
People who drank the kool-aid are in the worst shape of all:

Those poor schlubs who followed the game pre-launch, had their guild & character loaded onto an (inherently imbalanced) early-access server, only to have the artificially-low server cap induce queues, then followed BioWare's suggestion to roll on a different server to avoid queues & then rolled lots of alts to take advantage of the Legacy System.

Now they've got a diaspora on their hands, BioWare is doing nothing to help them. BioWare got/guided them into this mess & now they're supposed to just wait until the new round of contractors working on the game (half)implement a fully featured, modern MMO transfer system. For money.
Indeed.

I drank the pre-launch Kool aid, but I'm glad I snuck out of the cult meeting before rolling on another server.

noodlenoodle
06.07.2012 , 11:53 AM | #933
If you asked BioWare to bring you a package of M&Ms across the room they'd first make you preregister for the candy. Then, they'd open up the bag and make you ask for each of the candies individually. Then, once they'd brought over all the candies you'd actually remembered to ask individually for, you'd write them and they'd send someone to tape the bag back up for you.

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 11:54 AM | #934
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I admit I didn't read all 72 pages, but my question is whether a PVE server might have an RP-PVE destination? Or will it be limited to strictly PVE to PVE, RP-PVE to RP-PVE? Thanks!
http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34#edit4565734

"As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP. "

So what he's saying here is that transfers are strictly limited by server type. RP-PvE can only go to RP-PvE; PvE can only go to PvE, and so on...

Paige

Foofie
06.07.2012 , 11:55 AM | #935
I agree with a lot of the posts here.

One thing, if i am reiterating i apologize, or the thing that should have been done is .
For a low populated or "origin" server, give them a choice of each type of server, PVE.PVP, RP-PVE, RP-PVP

Only one of each that the folks at BW will determine. So Guilds that wish to change original server type to one of four that BW will determine to be the Destination types.

I mean, they already are going to know by Tuesday right? So give the folks an option.

They, I believe, are doing this wrong. If they can decide which single server to go to, they can just as well add one of each type to the lot since all of those folks already on those server types will be moved to the same server type, according to them. In essence, having already chosen which servers are going to be destination servers.

I hope that makes sense?
Master Foofie SWG Tempest Survivor FORCE Disciples

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 11:55 AM | #936
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Of course they do. That's why this is only THE FIRST PHREAKING PHASE!!
Its not the first Phase..Its the ONLY phase with mentions of them taking our cash for the second phase. Try reading more thoroughly with some english comprehension.

If they had other phases planned they should of bullet pointed some possiblities not saying "we may do this again with a fee involved" which is pretty much exactly what they said.

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 11:56 AM | #937
Quote: Originally Posted by Foofie View Post

One thing, if i am reiterating i apologize, or the thing that should have been done is .
For a low populated or "origin" server, give them a choice of each type of server, PVE.PVP, RP-PVE, RP-PVP

Only one of each that the folks at BW will determine. So Guilds that wish to change original server type to one of four that BW will determine to be the Destination types.

I mean, they already are going to know by Tuesday right? So give the folks an option.

They, I believe, are doing this wrong. If they can decide which single server to go to, they can just as well add one of each type to the lot since all of those folks already on those server types will be moved to the same server type, according to them. In essence, having already chosen which servers are going to be destination servers.

I hope that makes sense?
Here here I second this!

caravaggio
06.07.2012 , 11:57 AM | #938
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I don't believe there are enough rp-pvp servers by region to do many merges. NE USA has two rp-pvp servers. My suggestion is to remove the rp-pvp designation and call them pvp or rp servers. Jung Ma has one of the healthiest server pops but it is nowhere near Fatman even if you add all of Ven Zallow (the other NE RP-PVP server). The goal here is to create more Fatman-busy servers, right?
^This

cipher_nemo
06.07.2012 , 11:57 AM | #939
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Its not the first Phase..Its the ONLY phase with mentions of them taking our cash for the second phase. Try reading more thoroughly with some english comprehension.
QFT. In the mean time Rift players get free transfers once a week... and they move your guilds for you!

*looks over at TOR and sighs*

Dezzi
06.07.2012 , 12:00 PM | #940
Quote: Originally Posted by Foofie View Post

I hope that makes sense?
I think BioWare realizes that some server types are more popular than others (partly based on lacking gameplay), and to prevent a run on the popular server types, they're limiting you to same-type transfers. I can understand this, but it's completely asinine to force players who want (read: deserve) a change--because of where the game is today--to do what BioWare wants them to do. This, in many cases, will only further aggravate players.

All this, so that BioWare (or is it EA at this point?) can conveniently charge them a fee to do it in the future...
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.