Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Emohawk
06.07.2012 , 11:47 AM | #921
Tbh i feel a little let down about how guilds are being treated....you started out so well on making sure all guild members got onto the right server and with the right numbers but this transfer system seems very rushed.

I love the fact I can move but I don't like the idea of loosing guild members that we have worked hard to maintain during the numbers drought that most servers have experienced, only to find that there is a chance that we could not all end up on the same server....what kind of madness is this.

Give us options to transfer whole guilds....you can do it for the PTS so why not for retail servers?

I enjoyed testing this game from the beta to the PTS , help promote this game to my friends and fellow guild members..we work very hard to keep our community's alive and kicking and yet we find ourselves having to do even more work when all we ask is a little help from YOU to make this process as painless for everyone!.

Quite a number of the players here have experienced transfer's/merges before and you should really use this information to prevent mistakes like this from happening again.

Help us Obi ware .. You're our only hope!

Magdalane
06.07.2012 , 11:47 AM | #922
I admit I didn't read all 72 pages, but my question is whether a PVE server might have an RP-PVE destination? Or will it be limited to strictly PVE to PVE, RP-PVE to RP-PVE? Thanks!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 11:47 AM | #923
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Where did he say it's going to stay permanently that way forever and evermore?
Try reading the entire post or maybe go back a ew of my posts I posted the exact section where they pretty much said the only peopl getting free are those ond ead servers. Only One portion of the community unhappy with their server is getting any sort of resolution that wont cost them money. I'd rather not wait another 3 months of paying monthly fees to only pay more fees to increase my enjoyment of the game

noodlenoodle
06.07.2012 , 11:48 AM | #924
People who drank the kool-aid are in the worst shape of all:

Those poor schlubs who followed the game pre-launch, had their guild & character loaded onto an (inherently imbalanced) early-access server, only to have the artificially-low server cap induce queues, then followed BioWare's suggestion to roll on a different server to avoid queues & then rolled lots of alts to take advantage of the Legacy System.

Now they've got a diaspora on their hands, BioWare is doing nothing to help them. BioWare got/guided them into this mess & now they're supposed to just wait until the new round of contractors working on the game (half)implement a fully featured, modern MMO transfer system. For money.

WaywardOne
06.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #925
I don't believe there are enough rp-pvp servers by region to do many merges. NE USA has two rp-pvp servers. My suggestion is to remove the rp-pvp designation and call them pvp or rp servers. Jung Ma has one of the healthiest server pops but it is nowhere near Fatman even if you add all of Ven Zallow (the other NE RP-PVP server). The goal here is to create more Fatman-busy servers, right?

-Dench
06.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #926
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I admit I didn't read all 72 pages, but my question is whether a PVE server might have an RP-PVE destination? Or will it be limited to strictly PVE to PVE, RP-PVE to RP-PVE? Thanks!
Its:

pve to pve
pvp to pvp
rppvp to rppvp
rppve to rppve

So, if you play RP-PVP its Dead Server + Barely Standard + Sorta Standard = Medium Standard.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

Dezzi
06.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #927
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
People who drank the kool-aid are in the worst shape of all:

Those poor schlubs who followed the game pre-launch, had their guild & character loaded onto an (inherently imbalanced) early-access server, only to have the artificially-low server cap induce queues, then followed BioWare's suggestion to roll on a different server to avoid queues & then rolled lots of alts to take advantage of the Legacy System.

Now they've got a diaspora on their hands, BioWare is doing nothing to help them. BioWare got/guided them into this mess & now they're supposed to just wait until the new round of contractors working on the game (half)implement a fully featured, modern MMO transfer system. For money.
Nailed it.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #928
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
PVE to PVE. RP-PVE to RP-PVE. Joveth confirmed this a few pages back, it is also the newest post on the Dev tracker.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

-Dench
06.07.2012 , 11:50 AM | #929
Its:

pve to pve
pvp to pvp
rppvp to rppvp
rppve to rppve

So, if you play RP-PVP its Dead Server + Barely Standard + Sorta Standard = Medium Standard.

Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I don't believe there are enough rp-pvp servers by region to do many merges. NE USA has two rp-pvp servers. My suggestion is to remove the rp-pvp designation and call them pvp or rp servers. Jung Ma has one of the healthiest server pops but it is nowhere near Fatman even if you add all of Ven Zallow (the other NE RP-PVP server). The goal here is to create more Fatman-busy servers, right?
Right! a Jung Ma + Ven Zallow will only create a Standard overall server, which is not good. I dont get how BW does not see this.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

AntTHFD
06.07.2012 , 11:50 AM | #930
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
Dear repeat askers,

YES you can transfer your guild. GM's will help you re-create your guild bank so you don't have to re-buy tabs, and you an effectively reform your guild on the new server. No, your members will not be broken up because there is only ONE destination server.

Sincerely,
People who already read this information
That's not a guild transfer, that's individual guild members transferring over one by one, then reforming, then requesting our guild bank be restored. I think guild leaders are just asking for some of the hassle to be removed from this. If we are to be "gently nudged" to destination servers and guilds in their entirety would like to move together, why can't the entire guild just be transferred as a whole? Take some of the responsibility for this off of the players. We've had our hands full trying to keep things together on low pop servers as it is.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader