Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ouisbacca
06.07.2012 , 10:51 AM | #871
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dench View Post
Respectfully, this is a major mistake. With all 3 North American RP-PVP servers, we still wont be looking at populations anywhere near what they were on opening week.

Ven Zallow is dead, and the other two are low Standards. Even when combined, we will still have low populations compared to what the server is capable of running.
Wholeheartedly agree on the server types issue. I get that it would take more work to do, but should be something to be done down the road if for nothing else than to bring other characters in an account together under one legacy if desired.

There are accounts with more or less abandoned characters on PVE and PVP servers who'd appreciate being able to bring those over to where they currently play.

Maccaz
06.07.2012 , 10:53 AM | #872
I see a lot of people are getting quite concerned with the upcoming transfer system, but you all need to keep a kool head and wait to see what is officially going to happen when the system is in place and what servers are we all going to be able to transfer to.

Coordination is a must.
C E User

Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare, all your sins punished? I can offer you…an escape

-Dench
06.07.2012 , 10:55 AM | #873
Quote: Originally Posted by Ouisbacca View Post
Wholeheartedly agree on the server types issue. I get that it would take more work to do, but should be something to be done down the road if for nothing else than to bring other characters in an account together under one legacy if desired.

There are accounts with more or less abandoned characters on PVE and PVP servers who'd appreciate being able to bring those over to where they currently play.
This entire thing is looking to be a marketing gimmick to make the people, myself included, who have been angry about populations shut up.

This is such a poor, simple and weak handed attempt at fixing this issue that it blows my mind. Just open up 15 servers to move to, and close the rest.

BE DONE WITH IT. KILL THE LOW POP SEVERS SO WE CAN PLAY A MMO.

The more I read about this the more I'm horrified.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

Maxumus
06.07.2012 , 10:56 AM | #874
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi Rogoo,

As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP.
Does this include East/West coast for US servers? I was hoping to move to a west coast since I mostly play during West coast primetime so more players would be available. Or is coast not taken into account?

Lord_Karsk
06.07.2012 , 10:56 AM | #875
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi Rogoo,

As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP.
In the EU there is now only one english RP-PvP and it's light, so how will that wrk then ?
So unless you combine the frensh/english/german and plain RP servers into one you got a problem.

GiMMLi
06.07.2012 , 10:59 AM | #876
My main question is this, will west coast servers be able to transfer to east coast and vice versa or will they be stuck to a specific region?
"I smash foes and souls, not crates and barrels!"

Venjirai
06.07.2012 , 11:01 AM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
So basically a portion of your comunity is getting screwed? Some of us want to change server types since population but also play styles of a current server type may not fit us. Thanks.

I really like this game but i'm not willing to lean over and take a beaten because your company can't get its crap together with transfers / mergers in a timely fashion and only seem to care about one part of the larger problem.

FREE TRANSFERS FOR ALL!
Word.
This is really stupid.
My main is on a german pvp server, which is now dead, like every other german server.
I had to reroll on a pve server, which was the only german server with a good population but I thought with server transfers, I might transfers to a pvp server which will then, thanks to server transfers, have a high population.
I knew Bioware somehow will mess it up again. Time to unsubscribe for the first time till launch in December.

LadyJezebele
06.07.2012 , 11:01 AM | #878
Honestly your posts about transfers was 'early summer' well early summer is here and frankly there is NO sign of the patch coming anytime soon. You have asked us to wait and be patient but I feel that you are holding so many things for the 'patch' rather then just applying them. The wait is not just because we want what we want, it is impossible to play on the low to no pop servers. You have built in a STRONG requirement for groups in the game and while one can level solo that is ALL they can do. Everything else requires a group. So either make those groups possible or build in more Solo content. (and not just more grinding dalies) I don't usually complain about the wait time for development/coding/all those technical things but the wait time on this feature has gone overboard. People leave the game in droves all because the population is so low and they don't want to start over. Stop waiting for everything else in the patch to be ready and just do this. The game can not survive the loss of people due to this one stupid thing.

Gornn
06.07.2012 , 11:02 AM | #879
Didnt the post say transfers were starting june 12th?

-Dench
06.07.2012 , 11:02 AM | #880
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
In the EU there is now only one english RP-PvP and it's light, so how will that wrk then ?
So unless you combine the frensh/english/german and plain RP servers into one you got a problem.
You people in Europe are getting it REAL bad. You have 3 RP-PVP's, all in different languages and only one of them is hitting Standard still.

So, best case scenario under the current statement from BW: You'll have 2 dead servers and one light Standard combined to make one Light to medium Standard with 3 different languages on it. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, SIR.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/