Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ramladon
06.07.2012 , 09:09 AM | #821
lol at all these people putting statistics up to make them selves sound smarter. 93% of all statistics are made up (like this one). So quit making up stuff. It really doesn't make you sound any smarter you just look like a fool because you couldn't possiblly know the answer.

Also to the few with all of your negitivity if you really hate the game so much quit. Bioware isn't forcing you to keep the game. If you truly hate it that much you would just quit instead of whinging on forums but; you like the game and your negativity and whining isn't helping anyone. If the game is going to fail its going to fail your complaints just to complain isn't going to change anything. It also screws up the relationship between gamers and developers. So bugger off.

I'm glad the majority of the people posting are having a positive atitude about this. I hope the transfers go smoothly it will be nice to get more then 4 or 5 wz's per day or find a group other then others from my raid to do stuff like lost island with.

cipher_nemo
06.07.2012 , 09:09 AM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpienne View Post
Dude, please, you are really abusing those numbers.
Then post better numbers based on observation. At least the thread I linked to showed how they reached those estimates. Whatever number you get, it's doing to be a single percentage of what was concurrently here at launch. But feel free not to believe me and don't bother reading that thread I linked. Just plug your ears and cover your eyes and imagine none of this is happening.

Just ask the thousands of players stuck on a dead server that was once active. Dead vs. Active is mathematically a lot worse than 3%.

Ansalem
06.07.2012 , 09:11 AM | #823
so next week when thousands of people take advantage of the server transfer system and some reactivate their accounts we can all laugh and point at the doomsayer right?
All I want from this is for bioware to open up the paid transfer to any server option in 2 weeks.

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 09:13 AM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Then post better numbers based on observation. At least the thread I linked to showed how they reached those estimates. Whatever number you get, it's doing to be a single percentage of what was concurrently here at launch. But feel free not to believe me and don't bother reading that thread I linked. Just plug your ears and cover your eyes and imagine none of this is happening.
Heh, check the username I'm that person - that's my thread! :-D I wrote it, it's my analysis, I've been updating it for weeks...

Trust me when I say, as the author of the thread you're citing to disprove me, that I know what I meant when I wrote it...

Paige

Damagez
06.07.2012 , 09:14 AM | #825
I am one of those people who just want to bring all the level 50s toon under one server, if i have to paid for it just to keep them together i will cancel my sub for sure, I am ok with one time free transfer and i don't mind paying to transfer to different server in the future.

cipher_nemo
06.07.2012 , 09:15 AM | #826
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramladon View Post
if you really hate the game so much quit.
I already canceled sub auto-renewal weeks ago.

If you truly hate it that much you would just quit instead of whinging on forums
Therein lies the problem. I love TOR. I complain because I care about what happens to TOR. If I didn't care, I'd be happily playing Diablo III and waiting for Mechwarrior Online, and Titan, among others without ever bothering to waste my time here.

Always funny how fanboys accuse others of "whining", but when they complain it's always "constructive criticism" about even more trivial issues. At least the labeled "haters" are complaining about the game or a company rather than being inward focused in attacking other players.

LohKey
06.07.2012 , 09:15 AM | #827
So I guess the obvious questions here is will we have to change our AV, legacy and guild names?
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

cipher_nemo
06.07.2012 , 09:17 AM | #828
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpienne View Post
Heh, check the username I'm that person - that's my thread! :-D I wrote it, it's my analysis, I've been updating it for weeks...

Trust me when I say, as the author of the thread you're citing to disprove me, that I know what I meant when I wrote it...

Paige
Wow, small world. That's hilarious. So the person I'm quoting is the same one complaining about how I used your estimates. This just adds even more emphasis that active players today are a very small percentage of active players at launch/

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 09:24 AM | #829
Quote: Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Wow, small world. That's hilarious. So the person I'm quoting is the same one complaining about how I used your estimates. This just adds even more emphasis that active players today are a very small percentage of active players at launch/
I'm completely mystified as to how you arrived at that... and it doesn't matter. Rock on with your bad self. Just please use the analysis for the things it was meant to do.

That analysis doesn't talk to subscriber numbers, just the number of simultaneous concurrent logins. We don't know the number of simultaneous concurrent logins at launch, or even two months ago, because I wasn't tracking it then, BW doesn't release that data, and torstatus doesn't show it. I've only got data for the last several weeks. Simultaneous concurrent logins have dropped from about 100k to about 60k. Given. We have the data that shows that to be true.

We have no way in the world to relate the number of simultaneous concurrent logins to subscriber numbers. Maybe people are subscribed and not playing as much. Could be that people are busy with finals. Could be that they're waiting for 1.3. Could be that they're playing Diablo. Could be that they're outside enjoying the lovely weather after being cooped up indoors all winter. Or it could be that they unsubscribed. We don't know and don't have any way to suss that out.

Paige

JediElf
06.07.2012 , 09:26 AM | #830
I'm glad the majority of the people posting are having a positive atitude about this. I hope the transfers go smoothly it will be nice to get more then 4 or 5 wz's per day or find a group other then others from my raid to do stuff like lost island with.
I'm certainly preparing, for these transfers.

I have a list of five backup names per character, and a list of ten possible backup legacy names. I've also consulted with my best friend, whom I run all flashpoints and play the game with, and we have agreed to migrate to the same server if it becomes necessary to do so....or to stay if our server becomes an origin server.

We go to...or stay put....either way I'm ready.

Just waiting for the server list.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!