Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dranous
06.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #71
I would like to pose the following situation to see how it might be dealt with in the move plan BW is putting forth.

I have Republic charcters on The ShadowLands. Not a high pop server, but certainly not the lowest.
I have Imp characters on Fort Garnik. Yesterday at 5:00 pm eastern there were around 38 total people I could find after looking at all planets and stuff.

I was hoping to get my Imp characters off Fort Garnik to The Shadowlands. But if I understand the release right, if Fort Garnik isn't listed as a viable source server and The shadowLands isn't listed as a viable destination server at the same time, then I'm not going to be able to consolidate characters.

Is it possible to put in an option that allows you folks to transfer their characters to the server list you suggest, or a server in which they already have characters? Maybe even only servers in which they have a level 30 character or higher?

WitchKings
06.06.2012 , 12:32 PM | #72
Hopefully this is good for me, I have 3 lvl 50s on the PVP server Senator Contispex, and I have rerolled on a RP/PVP server Lord Calypho in which I have 2 new lvl 50s, hopefully il be able to transfer those older 3 toons to the new server. If not i will be annoyed.
Level 50 Marauder
Level 47 Sniper
Level 50 Sorcerer
Level 50 Commando

Rizzi-
06.06.2012 , 12:32 PM | #73
they said you will not find your toon transfured form a pve to a pvp but what if that is what you want?

Dezzi
06.06.2012 , 12:32 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
/facepalm

No, it's just that, right now, the QQ is much quieter than if they allowed a free-for-all. A free-for-all is a bad BAD idea. And so is a merge.
/facewipe

How does allowing someone to transfer from one type to another create a free-for-all?
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 12:32 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
I was expressing an opinion on what I feel should happen.

Unlike some people I don't try to push that on others as fact.
How do you know no servers are "getting axed"?
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

DarthZaul
06.06.2012 , 12:33 PM | #76
I hope my server ends up being a destination so I don't end up having to choose a stupid name cos on the new server everything good is taken like in WOW.

No moving from PVP to PVE is annoying too but I don't play that char for now.

Gaje
06.06.2012 , 12:33 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Rizzi- View Post
they said you will not find your toon transfured form a pve to a pvp but what if that is what you want?
tough, basically, poorly thought out on BW part, i too have the same dilemma
Formerly of Terentatek
Now playing on P5

islander
06.06.2012 , 12:33 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
How do you know no servers are "getting axed"?
You know they'll be axed eventually. Just from a cost management standpoint. It won't exactly be next month though.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 12:34 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
/facewipe

How does allowing someone to transfer from one type to another create a free-for-all?
Well, on that specific point, no one said it won't ever be allowed.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

cipher_nemo
06.06.2012 , 12:34 PM | #80
WTHeck Bioware? Less than a week from now and you can't give us any more details than that?

<rant>

That announcement said absolutely nothing. Paragraphs of vague babbling about your concerns and our concerns, but no new details. Literally it said nothing. Only new restrictions, and even then those restrictions are vague. You shouldn't have even bothered to say anything.

On top of that, you're super-late in correcting the issue. This should have been available at 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 before it became a bigger issue after 1.2.

I'm really disappointed. I so wanted TOR to be a huge success, but it's still sort of fumbling around. 1.2 was an excellent improvement, but it didn't solve/fix everything.

I'm off playing other games right now because I'm bored with TOR. Love this MMO, but I'm just bored. You killed off area PvP in Illum, and warzones are so repetitive that it's boring. Illum was one of the few things that could scratch my MMO itch from the PvP side. And with ops and flashpoints, we've sort of been burning ourselves out running them over and over again. And the 1.2 end-game sets are just fugly, so no motivation there.

My guild and I really wanted to make TOR our number one MMO. We're still focused on TOR, but we're off playing a whole bunch of other games right now because almost everyone is bored with it. A good 3/4 of our two guilds (Republic/Empire) are doing that. My sub is still good until August, but I've already canceled. I will re-sub whenever you raise level cap and bring in some new planets.

On that note, I think you guys shot yourself in the foot at the starting gate by making content have a high level of voiced-over cutscene dialog that's difficult to keep churning out.

</rant>

I'm just disappointed, Bioware. You had a GREAT launch, stable servers, very limited lag, lots of activity, and lots of community enthusiasm. But you sort of ran out of steam and dragged your feet in bringing the changes that came with 1.2. Now we've been out of new content for a long time.