Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skidrows
06.07.2012 , 04:48 AM | #751
Rethink it, it will be a totaly disaster if you allow players to move as they want, if you dont so you say players on server x can move to server y then it is pointlss, start with merging so at least 50% off all server go away then you can allow transfer.

danpen
06.07.2012 , 04:50 AM | #752
Quote: Originally Posted by skidrows View Post
Rethink it, it will be a totaly disaster if you allow players to move as they want, if you dont so you say players on server x can move to server y then it is pointlss, start with merging so at least 50% off all server go away then you can allow transfer.
I think it is a good idea that they are letting you do this but it is up to them after all ok.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Lunablade
06.07.2012 , 04:56 AM | #753
Seems like the idea by BW for character transfers will be slap to the face to anyone who decided to take initiative and reroll on full server instead of quiting the game and waiting on the dead server for months for BW to open transfers.

Again one of the more flawed decisions on their part which will not make players happy at all because a lot of them wanted to consolidate all their chars on one server.

danpen
06.07.2012 , 05:00 AM | #754
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunablade View Post
Seems like the idea by BW for character transfers will be slap to the face to anyone who decided to take initiative and reroll on full server instead of quiting the game and waiting on the dead server for months for BW to open transfers.

Again one of the more flawed decisions on their part which will not make players happy at all because a lot of them wanted to consolidate all their chars on one server.
Well siad that is what most people do at the moment or go on the test server don't they mate.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Biladan
06.07.2012 , 05:01 AM | #755
very siked about this service option..but what about character Account Transfer... my wife has a smuggler on my account can we transfer that character to her account?

Turrican
06.07.2012 , 05:04 AM | #756
so this basic service took bioware over 6 month to implement. as they stated char transfers are sooooo difficult because: LEGACY i was thinking of some complicated mechanism of merging this stuff. now it gets overwritten. then names, yeah pick a new one, even if theres a level 1 blocking your name and you are max level.

really poor implementation.

and the group finder still cant find cross server? even poorer.

Scotland
06.07.2012 , 05:10 AM | #757
Background: I have 3 x 50's with legacy unlocked on my new server(imp), i have 4 x 50's on my old server(Rep) with the same legacy name but different factions. Each toon is a different class.

My original server i am legacy lvl 34 with alot of the bits and bobs unlocked(ship perks, companion quests etc), i was holding back on buying these on my new server.

I was hoping to merge the legacies come CTS time, but if im not mistaken, you will be picking the server for me to go to?

Can i not just move the characters to that server where i have been playing the last 3 months? Where all my friends and everyone i know that plays this game plays?

Basically all i want to know is this, after urging people to re-roll on another server, you are goin to force them to move to a server where they don't know anyone ?

By making me move to a server when i've had my feet firmly planted on a new server for the last 3 months, you are basically goin to write my toons off, as i do not want to play on two different servers, i want to play on one, i want all legacy put together

I do not want to have to repeat class quests/companion quests, unlock perks etc etc "THAT I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED."

Bloodstealer
06.07.2012 , 05:14 AM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
Server merges would FORCE people to move.

Let's say I am on a medium or low pop server... but I like it. Then BW comes along and says 'hey, we are merging your server with another one. Unfortunately, your names have already been taken and you have to change them, along with your guild name. You have no choice in this matter.'

My response... /unsub.
That can happen whether its a merger or a transfer....

Personally I can't wait for next round of QQ when players suddenly realise that placing all there alts onto one server with their respective Legacy etc... will be beyond their grasp.. until maybe the paid transfer comes in... and this first round will serve to hook players in to subbing long enough so that they can smack them with a nice transfer fee next time round.... maybe even a third round as well...
Been done many times before, hooking us little fishes is easy when there is a strong enough bait out there to tempt us.

I wont be holding my breath.. but maybe they will suprise us all.... Sooooon
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

danpen
06.07.2012 , 05:17 AM | #759
Quote: Originally Posted by Biladan View Post
very siked about this service option..but what about character Account Transfer... my wife has a smuggler on my account can we transfer that character to her account?
No you are not allowed to be on the same account that is agentsthe reals

Bloodstealer
06.07.2012 , 05:17 AM | #760
-DELETED -

One day I will learn to read better
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX