Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vicrodhe
06.06.2012 , 05:09 PM | #561
So anyone seen a list of servers yet or are we still waiting.

Menthro
06.06.2012 , 05:10 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by Stonedsoul View Post
Do people not read things before replying to them?

Transfers will open on June 12th (tuesday).

HOWEVER, not all servers will be available to transfer initially, only some of them. Over time (possibly the course of the week) they will add more servers to that list until all of them are on it.
Apologies, I am drawing my reference material from the gold posts in the thread. The one I am referencing http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...46#post4557046
only concerns itself with the link to the webpage.
Peace through firepower. Lots of firepower.

Troopers lead the way!

kanare
06.06.2012 , 05:11 PM | #563
the answer is no we dont read all 57 pages before we post .........how much time do u think we have ?

HelinCarnate
06.06.2012 , 05:12 PM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
That is not right you can ask them i have looked on the you do NOT get a free month and they will not give us no more free one's so you have to pay for the game like you did before the one they did just once and that was it did you see the do it again after that No! you did not,
The last payment I made for my monthly sub was on April 24th. I did not make a payment on May 24th but my sub does not run out until June 24th because that month was free as it was for many others.

BW is in a big hurry to get something done about the transfers before that free time is up for most of their players. If they don't they know they will lose a bunch of subs and will have to report another big hit to their numbers to their investors. Currently they are hiding the decline with that free month.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Shaz
06.06.2012 , 05:22 PM | #565
Allison- or anyone else-
Is it or will it ever be possible to transfer to an Oceanic server?

I'm located in the U.S., but my living hours are Oceanic due to being night shift. Even if my server were to magically 'get busy' again, it would still not see a high population at 3am Central. Half of the people I usually play with are co-workers, and the other half are Kiwis. I would like to go some place active in the hours that I, myself, am actively gaming. I am not interested in transferring to another North American hours server, no matter how busy it is at 7pm Central, as that is a useless hour for me.

I don't feel like starting over, but I'm tired of playing a dead game.

Kraith
06.06.2012 , 05:22 PM | #566
So, BW tells us that we will be able to transfer to a different server in order to assist with population issues. This is good news, but why is it this thread is full of people complaining lol. So BW tells you something good that you have been crying over for months and instead of saying thanks, you say crap like "wow, I can not bla bla bla from a PVE server to a PVP server with bla bla that I have been working on for six months to play with my bla bla bla" How is this BW fault? Why or better yet, HOW can you blame BW for your inability to pick the right server to roll on when you started the game? Dear Lord child, seriously, you make me want to go punch a bunch of random people for no reason other than I feel the need to beat the stupid out of someone......

conundrumx
06.06.2012 , 05:26 PM | #567
As someone who was literally among the first dozen people to log into my server I'm really concerned about keeping my character and legacy names. They're not horribly unimaginative, but I'm hardly a beautiful and unique snowflake.

It's all well and good to say "you don't have to transfer," but if the already low server population is cut in half I really will. Bioware needs a plan or procedure of some sort in place to ensure that people who have been playing since the beginning keep their names.

jackrunip
06.06.2012 , 05:27 PM | #568
I'm happy to see transfers coming...although I'm slightly disappointed that my first character can't join the rest of my people. (PvE to a RP server: Are they honestly THAT different?)

Step in the right direction though BW!
Mechanical Llama -- Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Fiama Llama -- Retired Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Also, anything with a "Llama" attached to the end of it!

TheDetour
06.06.2012 , 05:28 PM | #569
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To quote directly from the blog:

So, in some cases, multiple origin servers will be assigned the same destination server. The end goal is to have destination servers with higher populations, and that may require sourcing from several origin servers.
One suggestion I would have:

Since you are allowing multiple origin servers to feed a destination server, would you consider allowing an origin server to feed multiple destination servers? Specifically, it would be great to have both East and West coast server options when transferring off a server. For a multitude of reasons, if one is choosing to transfer, that would be a chance to try to find folks who play at a more similar time. People sometimes change work schedules/play schedules... or move... and it would be great if you could accommodate that since you are planning to offer the transfers anyway.

Offering multiple destinations from one origin would increase the likelihood of people transferring, which in turn would concentrate the game population even more effectively than by allowing only one destination.
I am interested in doing some podcasting work in my free time. Specifically, the subjects I am interested in podcasting about are video games and sports. If you have a podcast and are looking for help from an experienced broadcaster, please send me a PM.

Kuciwalker
06.06.2012 , 05:28 PM | #570
There absolutely needs to be a priority system for names. I preordered the game and logged in right at launch so I would be able to reserve the names I wanted. I have 3 50s and a 49, 26, 18, 17, and 10. Without a seniority system I expect two of those 50s to have to lose their names. If that happens I'm gone.