Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Egalatae
06.06.2012 , 04:46 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthro View Post
This bears repeating, this needs to be reposted every couple of pages because I see alot of people thinking they are going to swap destination servers and go lawl sux to be u! I dug through this juggernaut of a thread to find this for you guys be happy.
Thank you!
Egalatae 50 Sage - Mesunas 50 Shadow - Klly 25 Sent - Lenya 22 Guard - Jaza'lynn 33 Scoundrel - Zoy 26 Slinger - Ashardis 22 Van Absolute Craft Wh**e
The Legacy of Aotearoa: Nightmare Lands

HelinCarnate
06.06.2012 , 04:46 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by GiovanniD View Post
Does anybody know if you'd be able to move from American servers to Euro servers or vice-versa?
Don't think they have said but will bet dollars to credits the answer is no.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

YanksfanJP
06.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Depending on the number of characters transferred, the destination and origin servers eligible for transfer may be altered during the process. We don't want to promise a destination in case it may change.

Quote taken from here
http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-...ations-and-you
You were saying?
Try reading the quote. I said "as long as they don't procrastinate." You were saying? Basically, if you want to transfer so badly, do it and get it over with. If you are lazy and wait, you have nobody to blame but yourselves.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

WaywardOne
06.06.2012 , 04:48 PM | #524
1) RP-PVP server question. I'm on a rp-pvp server in Eastern USA; Ven Zallow (a mostly dead server). Since there's only two RP-PVP servers in Eastern USA, is it safe to assume that Jung Ma (a borderline well populated server) is going to be my goto server? Or is there going to be a removal/change/blurring of the RP-PVP designations?

2) This has probably been answered already somewhere, but: If I decide to transfer 1 or 2 characters and leave 4 others on my origin world, would I later be able move the other 4 as part of this free exodus?

danpen
06.06.2012 , 04:49 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
Try reading the quote. I said "as long as they don't procrastinate." You were saying? Basically, if you want to transfer so badly, do it and get it over with. If you are lazy and wait, you have nobody to blame but yourselves.
Yes but with that you can not do it if it is not out yet don't you get that.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

fanuvstarwars
06.06.2012 , 04:49 PM | #526
Coming soon: Guildy comes back from vacation. . .logs in at 7pm on a saturday

<general>"hello? guys hello?"
*crickets*
<Enter> /who Server 1-50 <Enter>
1 person found

QQ ?
"What are Sith 'light side points'? A quick death."

GiovanniD
06.06.2012 , 04:49 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Robcoyote View Post
What happens if BB has some unlocks that AA does not have (such as different races at 50, class story completions and companion completions...or perhaps I managed to get a higher social rank on a character on B than I did on A)? Do they get completely overwritten by AA, or do those unlocks merge with the unlocks from AA, and I end up with a legacy that has the unlocks of AA and BB, the level of AA and the name of BB? (I hope that makes sense and isn't too confusing)
They said the highest-ranked legacy stays. So I imagine that whatever unlocks you have for your highest-ranked legacy, you keep. And you lose the unlocks of the legacy that get's eliminated. But I could be wrong.

darthyrag
06.06.2012 , 04:50 PM | #528
Anyone know if you have to move every character or just a few? I mean if you decide to move and you only want to move a few cause your guild decides they don't want too; can you leave one?

YanksfanJP
06.06.2012 , 04:51 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
If by 'wherever you want to go' you mean the only other server someone has toons on.
Again, the purpose of this consolidation is to fix population issues, not to shuttle you wherever you want to go. If you want choice, wait for that to come later on. If you want more people to play with, that you'll have available next week.

TLDR: more people=free and next week, all your toons together=not free and later
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

Vemnox
06.06.2012 , 04:52 PM | #530
I don't understand why the dead servers need to move to already-existing bigger servers. Just merge them - it's the simplest solution. Oh wait you probably don't know how to code that either, right?
Epidemic
The Marquee Sith Guild on the Prophecy of the Five Server
http://defianceswtor.enjin.com