Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valtrise
06.06.2012 , 03:31 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by tloops View Post
it explains it quite simply in the original blog...see the post above yours
yeah i missed that part my eyes get jumpy sometimes, but now i see thanks again

veyl
06.06.2012 , 03:32 PM | #412
Is it ALL of our characters on an origin server... or just one? Even though I haven't played in over a month, I'd like to know that if I see enough improvements (which I am hoping for) that I come back to a new server with all of the level 50's that I've dinged and not just one specific one.

Also, wow @ not retaining the legacy name. /adds to disappointment list

Kindara
06.06.2012 , 03:32 PM | #413
So basically if we're stuck on an server type or a time zone region we dont want to be on for whatever various reasons we can just kiss off and pay you guys money later? I'd like some clarification so I know what to do with my account.

Its completely unequal treatment of customers. Everyone should get a fair shot to move for free atleast once and we shouldnt' be pigeoned holed by region or type.

Laurreth
06.06.2012 , 03:32 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
I mean, is there a server out there without a "Sith Happens"? Will we see "Sith Happens 2: Electric Boogaloo"?
There are also only so many ways to misspell "Han Solo" without resorting to really exotic areas of the Unicode standard.

sian_gali
06.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
Can't wait for the gnashing of teeth, wailing and lamenting that will go on when all of the guilds with "clever", punny names (usually involving Sith) collide.

I mean, is there a server out there without a "Sith Happens"? Will we see "Sith Happens 2: Electric Boogaloo"?
LOL, I <3 it! Just posting in to say how happy I am to hear about this. I am very pleased they are funneling folks to specific servers as well. I was worried they were going to let it be a free for all so people wouldnt cry, then we'd end up with a bigger mess. Looks like someone finally put their foot down. Yay!

Valtrise
06.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Is it ALL of our characters on an origin server... or just one? Even though I haven't played in over a month, I'd like to know that if I see enough improvements (which I am hoping for) that I come back to a new server with all of the level 50's that I've dinged and not just one specific one.

Also, wow @ not retaining the legacy name. /adds to disappointment list
I believe they said you can transfer them one at a time to the destination server

BrunoLogan
06.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #417
Great news! The only thing left to know is if I'll be able to move my chars to the server I want meaning if my source server will be picked for the target server I want.

Keep up the good work BW

Ansab
06.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #418
The only thing i dont like.

As a person who has got almost 8 50's (last one is lvl 31)

Is the fact my names may change when I transfer if my server is a transferred from server.

I dont mind loosing my name to someone who is playing activly.

But i do mind loosing my legacey and names to players who dont play anymore or havn't touched a charr since lvl 1. Since I played from early access and stuck with the game and spent time on the game more than (maybe) than my counterparts shouldn't i be entitled to keep my name more and not be victimized for my commitment on a server?

other than that i think this is awsome and love infact. Although i dont think bw will change there minds and it is probably tough cookies. I do think it is something they should realy revise on.A better thing to do would be to maybe make it a roll on who keeps there name or help formulate a way to keep names in the back ground.

For Example:

Say if I am on Hadians Way and we are moving to Red Eclipse.

There is a guy who has a charr called Leo there my name can stay Leo to
only difference would be when people need to speak to me or invite me they add my origin initals first in block caps
so it would be [HW]Leo

This is only for whispers and invites there naem cane be shown as plain leo except instances where they are ont he same instance as a name sake?

HelinCarnate
06.06.2012 , 03:34 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
This is not correct. We'll be providing a list of origin servers and destination servers. Each origin server will have one destination server, and players can elect to transfer their characters from the origin server to the destination. Our goal is to have destination servers with a much higher active player population, so we'll be monitoring the process and adding new origin and destination pairs as necessary to reach that goal.
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
You are not required to move when transfers become available; it's your choice if you'd like to stay on your server.
So you really have the "choice" to stay on a server alone or to have your characters transfered to a server that is probably not the server you want to go to.

Many, if not most people have already rerolled on other servers that are more populated so that they can play the game with others instead of waiting for hours to do a warzone or flashpoint. They did this in the hopes that they would be able to bring their main characters along later on and be able to keep their higher legacy, plus add their new character on their new server to that legacy. Now you are saying that probably won't happen. Grats on another major patch causing the exodus of more players.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Marlowe
06.06.2012 , 03:35 PM | #420
I really hope that transfering a guild as a whole to a new server is high on your priority list of next steps.