Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gwena
05.06.2013 , 05:21 PM | #2831
I am on pins and needles waiting for more info about this! I really want to transfer to a different server type, and I'm afraid to start playing on my desired destination server for fear of potential complications with Legacy when I finally do get to transfer. Sure, they did it great with the mandatory transfers/server merges, but I am not 100% confident that they will do it in such an advantageous manner if it is truly optional. I also hope that they offer some sort of discount or package deal for those like me that want to move their Legacy and multiple characters, not just one or two.

And what do you all think of this article? It is one of several articles about 2.1 from what seems to be a reputable German fansite, and it mentions character transfers. For those of you that don't have a browser with auto-translation enabled, here is what Google translate says the article is saying (emphasis NOT mine):

Quote:
One of the things on which you have you been waiting for some time, is introduced about 6 to 8 weeks after patch 2.1: Character Transfers!
As I said, this site seems reputable, but if we are indeed getting character transfers this summer, I can't help but wonder why Bioware hasn't made a comment about it in English. Maybe they are saving it as something else to hype after 2.1 is out? *crosses fingers*
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Arlbo_Nabbins
05.06.2013 , 05:42 PM | #2832
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
...are there people arguing that server transfers would be a bad thing?
It would mean the end of RP-PvP servers, Jung Ma is the only one left.

Uldihaa
05.06.2013 , 05:53 PM | #2833
Quote: Originally Posted by inzilor View Post
I am not a troll, but you are evidently a person who is all about being as rude and offensive as possible to someone with a legitimate complaint. I have been playing MMO's since World of Warcraft went live, so I think I have a grasp on how they work.

I'm not even concerned with crew skill item respawn points, but with mission completing points. I have limited time to play, so I tend to want to focus on the story and not so much on having to deal with so many others completing the same missions. I try to be polite and take my turn, but I can only do that if everyone else does the same (and that's hit or miss).
If it's so crowded and busy as to severely interfere with you (and a 2 minute wait is not "severely"*), then you might want to check if there are other instances for that planet; there usually will be. Then all you need to do is open your main map, select another instance, and transfer to it.

*If two minutes is a serious problem, you should probably look into just playing single-player RPGs.

LordArtemis
05.06.2013 , 07:13 PM | #2834
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
?

Players have to be held hostage to keep an RP server populated? I agree that the almost complete lack of RP support in game features makes it difficult to want to play on an RP server, but I'm not sure it's really an RP server if it's holding non RP players hostage.

schmel
05.06.2013 , 07:24 PM | #2835
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
What makes you think people wouldn't transfer to Jung Ma?

Darthflowmotion
05.08.2013 , 10:25 PM | #2836
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
I am on pins and needles waiting for more info about this! I really want to transfer to a different server type, and I'm afraid to start playing on my desired destination server for fear of potential complications with Legacy when I finally do get to transfer. Sure, they did it great with the mandatory transfers/server merges, but I am not 100% confident that they will do it in such an advantageous manner if it is truly optional. I also hope that they offer some sort of discount or package deal for those like me that want to move their Legacy and multiple characters, not just one or two.

And what do you all think of this article? It is one of several articles about 2.1 from what seems to be a reputable German fansite, and it mentions character transfers. For those of you that don't have a browser with auto-translation enabled, here is what Google translate says the article is saying (emphasis NOT mine):

As I said, this site seems reputable, but if we are indeed getting character transfers this summer, I can't help but wonder why Bioware hasn't made a comment about it in English. Maybe they are saving it as something else to hype after 2.1 is out? *crosses fingers*
i heard that some where else too...

SonOfSega
05.09.2013 , 04:35 PM | #2837
This is easily the biggest request players are making.

Developers all you need to do is make people pay coins to transfer characters. This means you get paid for your troubles as well, surely its in your best interest. You do like money right?

yes you can set a limit if your have concerns.

give subscribers a free transfer per server, reward the hands that feed you and the kindness will be returned.

Can we have a time frame please. I have characters sitting there needing to be played.

I bet you will get a boost in player number too..

kind regards

Gygax

Roalmo
05.09.2013 , 04:39 PM | #2838
Chuckle...

When is the next shareholders event for EA?

Take a stab when "transfers" will be available?

clonemsss
06.11.2013 , 05:59 PM | #2839
Sever transfers coming in 2.2.1 not in 2.2?!? and 2.2 was delayed? I'm again angry i would ....i need to calm down i don'T know what to say rather then ...okay fine i think i... go to sleep thats for the best , cause i see i'm wasting my time cause the most important option of a game was promised a YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just stiting here waiting for transfers as its getting delayed! No matter how many posts we make that this should be their most important development for a long time , they just keep pushing it furhter away , but i guess i do something somehow ingame to spend time with.

HoloTweed
06.11.2013 , 08:55 PM | #2840
Quote: Originally Posted by clonemsss View Post
Sever transfers coming in 2.2.1 not in 2.2?!? and 2.2 was delayed? I'm again angry i would ....i need to calm down i don'T know what to say rather then ...okay fine i think i... go to sleep thats for the best , cause i see i'm wasting my time cause the most important option of a game was promised a YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just stiting here waiting for transfers as its getting delayed! No matter how many posts we make that this should be their most important development for a long time , they just keep pushing it furhter away , but i guess i do something somehow ingame to spend time with.
Because I'm sure they are intentionally delaying it just to make you mad, instead of - oh, I don't know, let me guess - delaying it because something wasn't working and they decided to fix it rather than release it broken?

That wouldn't make any sense!