Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SpoeMeister
04.29.2013 , 05:30 AM | #2821
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
You are either a troll or you don't grasp the concept that this is a sequel to a single player RPG that can be played from level 1-50 alone. Outside of the fact you can play the story cooperatively, a lot of the multiplayer functions are optional.

Just switch to the smallest instance everytime you can on weekeknds.
... Yeah, I'm the troll... The guy I quoted is saying he's mad because of consolidated servers, so that he can't play by himself... He needs servers to be like they were used to because HE wants to play an MMORPG as a single player RPG...

Besides, how can it ever be a sequel if it's 300 years after the events of KoTOR 2... It's still an MMORPG in essence, so you know beforehand that you have to deal with other people going for the same objectives... That's why class quests are instanced... but the rest isn't.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Mercia
04.29.2013 , 05:45 AM | #2822
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
You are either a troll or you don't grasp the concept that this is a sequel to a single player RPG that can be played from level 1-50 alone.
I didnt play these fantom prequel games and funnily enough it didnt matter one bit and i didnt feel at all like there were games before this.

Therfore your supposed "concept" is a load of **** BW didnt even make the second game, this isnt a direct follow on its a completly differant game based in a simlar time period.

People seem to think that their opnion is fact when the real fact is that this is NOT a sequel to anything its a brand new game and its the first incarnation of it (second if you count makeb as been the sequel)

The point of this game isnt to just level 1-55 and forget that anyone else plays this outside of your self thats not what MMO's are about, sure there will be freeloaders who will play it as such and fair play to them they will never contribute socially to this game and really i couldnt care less, but that is NOT what this game was made for it was made as an MMO to play as an MMO otherwise it would have been a sequel to KOTOR 1+2 and would have been written to reflect that it was a sequel

pooks
04.30.2013 , 03:32 PM | #2823
On the PTS (before it closed) the cartel market unlocks were not copying. So if you had extra inventory rows or extra cargo bays when you copied your character over to the PTS they were gone. Same with extra server character slots.

Please work on getting server transfers up and running. A lot of people want this to happen. I would rather see server transfers than new hair styles or breast augmentation options...
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

TUXs
04.30.2013 , 03:35 PM | #2824
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
I would rather see server transfers than new hair styles or breast augmentation options...
Sure, more than new hair styles, but lets not get too carried away...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

inzilor
05.06.2013 , 03:13 PM | #2825
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
You are either a bad troll or you don't grasp the concept of a MMO... Go play a single player RPG, where all the loot is just for you...
I am not a troll, but you are evidently a person who is all about being as rude and offensive as possible to someone with a legitimate complaint. I have been playing MMO's since World of Warcraft went live, so I think I have a grasp on how they work.

I'm not even concerned with crew skill item respawn points, but with mission completing points. I have limited time to play, so I tend to want to focus on the story and not so much on having to deal with so many others completing the same missions. I try to be polite and take my turn, but I can only do that if everyone else does the same (and that's hit or miss).

In other MMOs, I have the option of moving to a different server that isn't so heavily populated, so I can enjoy the back stories more. With the extremely heavy consolidation down to just a few servers for SWtOR, this isn't possible. That's the main thing I'm complaining about: too much crowding, with little to no mobility between servers.

P.S.: My initial post was intended for BioWare and/or EA to provide a response. Since this is obviously the wrong location for such, looks like I'll have to do some more digging and find a way to contact them directly.

Brannicus
05.06.2013 , 03:45 PM | #2826
Server transfers are CRUCIAL right now.

Let me state: I am on Jung-MA which routinely sits at 'Standard' population, even during peak gaming. Queue times for Flashpoints (at any level) can range between 30-90 minutes! Yes, 2 hours is quite possible. PVP queue times can exceed 30 minutes, regardless of the level.

This is not sustainable, it's a severe drain on the quality of the game and has me considering unsubscribing/quitting until they turn on character transfers. Several of my friends, and guild mates want to transfer as soon as possible as well. Generally to populated servers.

Alternatively- making FP/WZ queues cross server would solve most of the issues as well. Whatever needs to be done, needs to be done fast.. Populations are declining terribly on the last PVP servers - no point in having pvp servers any longer.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.06.2013 , 03:58 PM | #2827
Holy large font Batman!

Aebrynis
05.06.2013 , 04:34 PM | #2828
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
Please work on getting server transfers up and running. A lot of people want this to happen. I would rather see server transfers than new hair styles or breast augmentation options...
In truth, they'll go with what's going to make them the most moola. If that means they can devise a way to allow toons to have a bustline inflate to Dolly Parton size, secure in the knowledge they'll make a ton of cash doing it, they'll do exactly that.

I won't worry about it - the people working on cosmetic fluff aren't the same folks working on transfer mechanics. They'll pluck all the APAC players up and dump them on the NA servers, shut APAC down, then sit on their hands for several months while trying to figure out how to do transfers (never mind that they'll have done it twice by this point). In other words, "Soon" (TM).

pooks
05.06.2013 , 05:03 PM | #2829
They need to test if a guild has a guild bank on 2+ servers how the bank would be condolidated, if it would be possible. It would be nice if they could just make it another bay expansion to the guild bank.

Also they need to test if you have 2+ legacy levels how that adds together.

Also they need to test the consolidation of achievements. For example, if you have 3 Blizz companions do they all add up for his use Bilzz to kill x amount of mobs etc.

I would love to see crafting mats stack to 999; this would make it easier to transfer and less data load.

Here is hoping that subs get a free Legacy family tree transfer!!!
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !