Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kabadesh
02.04.2013 , 02:59 AM | #2811
I think this game shows great promise. I do hope their customer service and usefulness increases though. Possibly even actually fix things we notice, like the massively broken/glitched codex that has lazily gone unfixed since launch. I truly do hope though, that character transfer, paid or free like a few other good MMOs do, would be a viable option soon. Or at least allow us to send mail between our toons on different servers.

Beechnutt
02.09.2013 , 04:52 PM | #2812
I really would love to be able to consolidate all my characters on one server to get the legacy benefits. Please get this going. I don't mind paying to transfer, just please get this operational.

-Dagi-
02.11.2013 , 04:12 PM | #2813
As many before me i will also encurage you to retart character transfers(i will pay if nessesary)
For reasons i dont know how to explain i have some characters on a German RP server and would love for them to join my other characters on an english PVP server
Please make this happen

runedice
02.12.2013 , 09:37 AM | #2814
when I first started to play this game i did not looked on what server I was playing. then I saw that I was on a french server.... stupid me.. I kept playing on that server because i did not bother me. the game is awsome. but now a friend of my is on an english server.. so i want a transfer. if you are a free gamer then i would understand it would not be possible to transfer. but im a subscriper; I PAY TO PLAY!! so it would be normal that we would have the choice to transfer wennever we want. and I want to go to a englich server where I understand people. and because I want to fully understand the game. Im only playing the stories now because I dont understand what they say..

garethdlowe
02.14.2013 , 08:09 AM | #2815
I have just ended my subscription becuase of this issue. I will probably stay F2P for a while at least, if/when transfers come back i may sub again.

When you end your sub there is a simple drop down list for you to give a reason why, lack of character transfer is not one of the options. I wrote in the box provided why, but I assume it's an automated system and nobody will ever read it.

RustyDiodes
04.03.2013 , 05:46 PM | #2816
Quote: Originally Posted by HELLCAMAWALKN View Post
maybe they ment early summer 2013 or maybe 2014
They have certainly had ample opportunity to clarify this.

Royaldawgz
04.14.2013 , 11:29 AM | #2817
well this answers my question... no character transfer at this point..the game is great but it seems like they are always a step behind where they claim to be. I liked the small pop servers and one day I log in and all my characters were transferred...and apparently no way to transfer characters on our own..oh well

inzilor
04.28.2013 , 12:43 PM | #2818
My work situation changed, and now I'm stuck playing on the weekends. This means I have to compete with anywhere from 3-10 other people for the same respawn items/mission objectives/bosses, which is completely ridiculous. I enjoyed being on a low population server, because I could explore the entire world on my own, without having to worry about rushing about to grab this or that first. Also, the large numbers of players competing for the same things means some will hurry in and complete objectives or whatever, while someone else is fighting the mobs that had been blocking the way. This is very rude, and makes the game less fun.

I still have mixed feelings about this whole server consolidation approach, but mostly I'm unhappy with it. If something isn't done to address it soon, I'll cancel my subscription, uninstall the program from my computer, and forget about this MMO, because it's becoming less enjoyable each time I play. Just about time for me to vote with my $$ on this.

SpoeMeister
04.29.2013 , 02:34 AM | #2819
Quote: Originally Posted by inzilor View Post
My work situation changed, and now I'm stuck playing on the weekends. This means I have to compete with anywhere from 3-10 other people for the same respawn items/mission objectives/bosses, which is completely ridiculous. I enjoyed being on a low population server, because I could explore the entire world on my own, without having to worry about rushing about to grab this or that first. Also, the large numbers of players competing for the same things means some will hurry in and complete objectives or whatever, while someone else is fighting the mobs that had been blocking the way. This is very rude, and makes the game less fun.

I still have mixed feelings about this whole server consolidation approach, but mostly I'm unhappy with it. If something isn't done to address it soon, I'll cancel my subscription, uninstall the program from my computer, and forget about this MMO, because it's becoming less enjoyable each time I play. Just about time for me to vote with my $$ on this.
You are either a bad troll or you don't grasp the concept of a MMO... Go play a single player RPG, where all the loot is just for you...
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

SentinelDranoel
04.29.2013 , 04:48 AM | #2820
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
You are either a bad troll or you don't grasp the concept of a MMO... Go play a single player RPG, where all the loot is just for you...
You are either a troll or you don't grasp the concept that this is a sequel to a single player RPG that can be played from level 1-50 alone. Outside of the fact you can play the story cooperatively, a lot of the multiplayer functions are optional.

Just switch to the smallest instance everytime you can on weekeknds.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.