Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

papragu
12.17.2012 , 03:39 PM | #2801
well my sub ends today.

Prysha
12.17.2012 , 03:57 PM | #2802
lol hopefuly they listen also about character customization change and name change and legacy name change and so on....

ive made a comment here:

Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
yes but.. anakin skywalker had a black dress even as jedi... OR some sith have brown wear ... but in this game you are limited to colors...

id like to wear a white robe with my sith and a black robe with my jedi..
just make a colorpicker that offers you "lore-based" colors.. like brown tones, grey tones , black variations and white variations.. some green tones and soem orangish and red tones... atleast...

and ive also started a thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=573343
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

NovaSerra
12.17.2012 , 04:56 PM | #2803
I will always support this topic. We need to continue to remind BW how important this is.

Matrimthor
12.18.2012 , 07:38 PM | #2804
Character Transfers vs Full Servers vs Losing Subscriptions
Someone failed. Find the guy/gal at the top of the fail chain and Terminate. No bonus, no car ,no stock.. FIRED.
Do not fill that spot.
Use the salary and bonus savings from that one employee and buy as many servers as it will allow you.
Allow Free Transfers at anytime, but with a time limit between specific character moves. ( moved once no move for 14 days)
KILL Cartel Coins setup that you whored your game into.
YOU KNOW YOU DID
Add More content, then make a movie and advertise.

Happy custumers will bring you more happy customers.
Uunhappy customers will give you all the bad publicity you could ask for.

Make speeders match the movie they came from . All the flapping butts waving in the wind trying not to fall off a speeder look so cool dont they. The speeder is anti-gravity. The toons are not.

This should have been an awesome game. I waded , as did others, thru multiple MMO's; waiting for the rebirth of SW.
Seems more like a funeral here.

Just my 37credits worth.
A knife flashes, a woman screams ; a bright light and someone hits me.
A Strange Welcome your Planet has.

pdart
12.18.2012 , 07:56 PM | #2805
playing on Asia pacific servers had all my characters on the pvp server . not many people play on that server anymore and would like to a character transfer service to get my credits and other items - PVE . i don't mind making new characters

when is the character transfer service available ?? we have an expansion but no transfer pple arnt gonna buy it if they cant be on the server they want with the items and credits etc.

DarthCK
12.21.2012 , 10:04 AM | #2806
Quote: Originally Posted by Matrimthor View Post
Character Transfers vs Full Servers vs Losing Subscriptions
Someone failed. Find the guy/gal at the top of the fail chain and Terminate. No bonus, no car ,no stock.. FIRED.
Do not fill that spot.
Use the salary and bonus savings from that one employee and buy as many servers as it will allow you.
Allow Free Transfers at anytime, but with a time limit between specific character moves. ( moved once no move for 14 days)
KILL Cartel Coins setup that you whored your game into.
YOU KNOW YOU DID
Add More content, then make a movie and advertise.

Happy custumers will bring you more happy customers.
Uunhappy customers will give you all the bad publicity you could ask for.

Make speeders match the movie they came from . All the flapping butts waving in the wind trying not to fall off a speeder look so cool dont they. The speeder is anti-gravity. The toons are not.

This should have been an awesome game. I waded , as did others, thru multiple MMO's; waiting for the rebirth of SW.
Seems more like a funeral here.

Just my 37credits worth.
This sure seems like a realistic solution to the problem... Perhaps they can just change everything....
The Force Shall Set Me Free....

HELLCAMAWALKN
12.21.2012 , 04:02 PM | #2807
maybe they ment early summer 2013 or maybe 2014
<INCARNEDINE> THE BASTION
Hellcamawalkn 50 Shadow,Mississippi 50 Guardian,Hardtokill 50 Gunslinger, Sammcro 40 Commando,Deathproof 20 Sentinal
"I walk in darkness so other's may see the light"

Roalmo
12.21.2012 , 04:05 PM | #2808
sorry guys but one of the CS posted that the server transfer thing was possibly not coming at all.

Greetings CJUK,

We do not at this point have absolute confirmation that there will be a character transfer service in the future, paid or otherwise.....

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Drakoza
01.11.2013 , 03:17 PM | #2809
This is a fraud.
I was on a server that was not 'VERY HEAVILY' Populated, which is exactly what i wanted.
Then You moved me to a VERY HEAVY populated server.
Im paying to play,when i cant play most of the time because there are dozens of players all chasing the same targets at the same time. Adding insult to injury why cant free to players have their own 'free to play' server. Though the F2P players are not the real issue, YOU (swtor corp) are.
Im paying for goods/service that im not receiving, why dont you just stand in the street and hold a gun and say 'give me your money'

Looking at outside forums You did exactly the same thing with dedicated SWG subscribers, then shafted them all into a small group of servers then closed down the game a year later. I see a pattern here....
Im not wasting any more time and money for you to shaft me any more.

So ive cancelled my sub.

Cindikle
01.11.2013 , 04:44 PM | #2810
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakoza View Post
This is a fraud.
I was on a server that was not 'VERY HEAVILY' Populated, which is exactly what i wanted.
Then You moved me to a VERY HEAVY populated server.
Most servers at that time were more or less dead. For the game to continue advancing it needs people to give it money. If all the servers are too thin for anyone to want to stay. If they did nothing you wouldn't have a game here to complain about. All I see you saying is "OMG there are people in my MMO, plz fix bioware!"

Quote:
Im paying to play,when i cant play most of the time because there are dozens of players all chasing the same targets at the same time. Adding insult to injury why cant free to players have their own 'free to play' server. Though the F2P players are not the real issue, YOU (swtor corp) are.
I assume this means you're mainly doing lower level areas. In which case if it is that filled up there is probably another instance you can change to that would be lower population or at least have most of it's population not in the same area as you. They have systems to help with this problem. Is it perfect? Not at all, but in the end it works.

Also the F2P'ers add life to what was a dying game. Zones are populated. Would you really rather be stuck never finding a group? In the case you would and you're really here for the single player aspect. I'd have to ask why the heck are you paying? Single player is a fully reasonable way to play this game. They made it that way. (And too much IMO.) But don't expect zero interaction with other players in a MMO of any kind.

Quote:
Im paying for goods/service that im not receiving
Go read the EULA.
In short: You are allowed to join their game in their world under their rules. They owe you nothing. Assuming you payed for the game. You payed for the right to enter the world of Star Wars back in the Old Republic time. And that's what you got. But moving on to the rest of this sentence.

Quote:
why don't you just stand in the street and hold a gun and say 'give me your money'
Because I doubt that would bring in millions. Why sucker one person at a time when you can sucker thousands. As you can tell, I too am usually on the "bash bioware, or "swtor corp" as you called it train. I see a ton of things that I believe are problems in the game. And a lot of them really bug me because I don't understand how they wouldn't be an easy fix. And to me most of them are not changed because they believe their current model brings in more money. Which just bugs me more. If my guild every quit this game I would unsub that day.

Quote:
Looking at outside forums You did exactly the same thing with dedicated SWG subscribers, then shafted them all into a small group of servers then closed down the game a year later. I see a pattern here....
Didn't look hard, SoE was in charge of SWG when it went down. Bioware had nothing to do with it.
Quote:
Im not wasting any more time and money for you to shaft me any more.

So ive cancelled my sub.
Yey another one bites that dust that QQ's over problems that are so small or flat out don't exist.

You picked horrible reasons to unsub. And you necro a thread of a bioware employ to say it. Need attention much?
But don't think I post this for you, I could care less what you think. I post this so that other players will see the error of your ways and learn what you could not.