Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Metalmac
08.23.2012 , 03:14 PM | #2791
Quote: Originally Posted by Ipea View Post
OH NO"!!!!!! this post is back quick everyone make the a comment before its gone again
Did Server Lag disappear?
They fixed some problems we will see this weekend if the entire group freezes and 2 people die.

E-Zekiel
08.23.2012 , 06:10 PM | #2792
Still waiting. GW2 comes out this weekend. I wish I hadn't elected to be on a 6 month renewal cycle, honestly.

Caterwail
09.01.2012 , 09:23 AM | #2793
September 1st, my wife and I are tired of waiting to be allowed to transfer to a server where our remaining friends are. Too much time invested in crafting and Legacy and no desire to start from scratch on a new server.

Cancelling both recurring subscriptions until we can transfer to the destination of our choice.
Might have to check out Guild Wars 2.

As far as Bioware saying character transfers are complex operations... Rift had no problem figuring out how to make character transfers FREE and easy, once per week. Designing a new-improved WHEEL is a waste of resources.

Scotland
09.01.2012 , 09:30 AM | #2794
I doubt you'll see more transfers until december which will be too late, most server will be dead by then.
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

bloomfireblade
09.02.2012 , 04:21 AM | #2795
Quote: Originally Posted by Caterwail View Post
September 1st, my wife and I are tired of waiting to be allowed to transfer to a server where our remaining friends are. Too much time invested in crafting and Legacy and no desire to start from scratch on a new server.

Cancelling both recurring subscriptions until we can transfer to the destination of our choice.
Might have to check out Guild Wars 2.

As far as Bioware saying character transfers are complex operations... Rift had no problem figuring out how to make character transfers FREE and easy, once per week. Designing a new-improved WHEEL is a waste of resources.
see that bioware another subscribers go and its all thanks to the choices your managment did
nicely done hope your happy now

hooty
09.02.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2796
Losing long-term customers is bad. The infrastructure is in place to transfer characters. I don't get it.
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.

BadOrb
09.02.2012 , 10:04 AM | #2797
Quote: Originally Posted by bloomfireblade View Post
see that bioware another subscribers go and its all thanks to the choices your managment did
nicely done hope your happy now
Well they said phase 2 ( forced transfers ) where going to be at the end of the summer they have just under 3 weeks to do this ( sept 20th ? ) , those 2 subs knew this ( or should know this ) and they are after paid transfers to where they want to go. That sounds like phase 3+ so that wasn't ever going to happen by sept 1st , so not sure why they chose to leave now. Still I want my Rubat crystal characters forced moved now really as I want to know were they are going to live and so I can create my remaining 4 characters.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

MilanoChris
12.12.2012 , 10:08 AM | #2798
This needs bumping and we need options.

Benja-Minn
12.12.2012 , 10:19 AM | #2799
I would probably play more if I could get my toons together on one server. Would probably spend real money to do it.
Death comes to us all. How we embrace passion is life.

DarthCK
12.17.2012 , 03:15 PM | #2800
Please everyone, if you are one of the thousands of subscribers who has been posting about this, please keep all these threads alive. Unfortunately thousands upon thousands of requests and complaints from PAYING subscribers is not enough to get BW to move on this, or provide with anything above and beyond a generic response. Perhaps realizing that literally tens of thousands of dollars stand to be made and more importantly THOUSANDS of happy customers will be satiated, will be enough to get BW to do something for their customers. I sure wouldn't hold my breath for this.
The Force Shall Set Me Free....