Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scorpienne
06.06.2012 , 01:39 PM | #201
There's a silver lining to the "guilds don't move as one" part of the server merger.

"For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it. "

It means no dead wood. If guilds have folks that aren't subbed, aren't playing, or aren't paying attention they won't get in on the transfer. That way, when you see these guilds, you can bet that most (maybe all?) of the characters in the guild are actually representing active players.

I know I boot people that don't log in monthly on our forums and the game. The transfer will be an opportunity to see who in your guild is really playing and aware and involved. If you lose people, you're likely to lose the ones that aren't paying attention... which might not be a big loss.

Paige

Kthx
06.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethemback View Post
I'm not into complaining, but this is something that is so needed at the moment, that the chance of it being more negative than positive forces me to want to write this.
Because this will take even longer to implement.

Voren_Kurn
06.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by JefferyClark View Post
On behalf of our guild alliance on Terentatek, I'd like to request a list of the first servers that can transfer and to which servers be posted ASAP. We have a lot of players to coordinate and can't just do this on the fly, especially since we will have to recreate our guilds if our server is one of the ones that people will be leaving, but we also need to know if our server is a receiving server. Surely you can give us the initial ones, since it's only a week away?
Exactly this ^

His concerns match my own. We've got a bunch of players that we need to coordinate since we can't just move a guild. The sooner the information is made available the smoother we can make the transition for our guild members.
<RELIC>
(Prophecy of the Five)
Republic US East PVE/PVP Guild
Official Guild Site

thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Is there a way to check for toon names and legacy names on target servers? If given the option to transfer to multiple servers, I would like to know if I can transfer to a server without changing any names.
Not legacy names, but you can check for toon names. Just have to log into that server and try to create the character there. If you have a destination in mind, you may as well do this now in order to function as a place holder until server transfers become available.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

islander
06.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #205
Scorpienne:

Dead wood?

I'm a GM of what was once an uber active, huge guild. That dead wood is as such because the server situation is terrible. When they look to come back, I'll want them on my guild's new server.

It sounds to me like this simply won't be possible. You either put in your transfer for X server during Y period of time, or you're screwed.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

AntTHFD
06.06.2012 , 01:41 PM | #206
On behalf of Redrum and other guilds of the pre-launch server Dreshdae Cantina, please make us a Destination, as should other pre-launch servers be similarly designated. The active players and guilds on these low population pre-launch servers are some of your longest playing paying subscribers and to have to abandon the ties we have established here could be viewed as a slap in the face.

For your consideration.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

psi_overtake
06.06.2012 , 01:41 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpienne View Post
There's a silver lining to the "guilds don't move as one" part of the server merger.

"For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it. "

It means no dead wood. If guilds have folks that aren't subbed, aren't playing, or aren't paying attention they won't get in on the transfer. That way, when you see these guilds, you can bet that most (maybe all?) of the characters in the guild are actually representing active players.

I know I boot people that don't log in monthly on our forums and the game. The transfer will be an opportunity to see who in your guild is really playing and aware and involved. If you lose people, you're likely to lose the ones that aren't paying attention... which might not be a big loss.

Paige
That's pretty innovative. Glad to see another angle to it
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

zejaie
06.06.2012 , 01:41 PM | #208
Work harder, faster, better!
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Eanelinea
06.06.2012 , 01:41 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Elgann View Post
What would happen--rather, what do you think would happen (and if a CS rep could chime in here I'd love it)--if the scenario was the same as above, but you already had a lower-level legacy with a preferred name established on server B?

Basically:

Server A: Level 31 Legacy with undesired name

MOVES TO

Server B: Level 2 Legacy with a preferable name.

What happens then?
I do know that the 31 legacy will override legacy 2. But name wise I'm not sure. You may just need to rename it since someone else could have both your undesired name and your desired name.

cipher_nemo
06.06.2012 , 01:42 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by RolyartNala View Post
Lame. Lame lame lame. BioWare, why do you continue to fail at community support?

My guild is stuck on a dead server, with most of its members having high legacy levels (30+), and have been planning on transferring together. And now this.

What producer, manager or empty suit at BioWare/EA failed to plan for this scenario? Have you fired him yet? Because he freakin' deserves it.
QFT.

The more I read into and discover about this, the more fail is becomes.

Bioware, why don't you run some of your own scripts to determine what guilds would transfer without duplicate names? Transfer guilds with unique names together, then lesser priority to 1.) members' legacies and 2.) character names, and finally offer to put all of them into pre-sized servers or just to stay on low-pop servers.

Don't make us run around and do all of this legwork ourselves. You're the developer, and EA is the publisher, so time to own up and do this work yourselves to make sure server transfers are smooth. Stop unloading all this cr@p on the community for them to figure out and /faceroll on their own.

If you can't transfer entire guilds, then many guilds won't want to move. Solve the server pop issues without making people worry about being split up and losing their guild, legacy, and character names.

This is so FUBARED!