Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WrecklessMEDIC
06.11.2012 , 11:40 PM | #2021
Quote: Originally Posted by Unikatze View Post
I am, or was, very excited about character transfers. Not about tomorrow's though.

I say was because I'm on a PvP server and wanted to move to a RP-PvP one and from what I've been reading I may never be able to do that.

My server is so dead it will probably be a destination server, which is ok, yet I fail to see how this will help the game overall.
The players are spread over through too many servers, having server transfers without merges won't help at all. Right now there's 2-3 servers with relatively healthy populations.
Fatman, Jedi Covenant and Drooga's pleasure palace.
People flocked over to those servers to have a decent gaming experience, so what makes them think they'll want to leave their servers for a dead one when transfers begin?

Even asuming they did, there's not enough people on those three servers to bring the population up on all other 30+ servers.

I'm just not seeing how this is a solution, if I'm missing something, and I hope I am. Someone let me know please
Think you've got it backwards. Dead servers will be origin servers, not destination servers. They won't be sending players from a high-pop server like Fatman down to low-pop servers.

They're sending players from multiple "dead" origin servers onto a single destination server to create another busy server like The Fatman. Once that server is full they will start again and create yet another busy server.

Rinse & repeat.

Kanonymous
06.12.2012 , 12:40 AM | #2022
I'm in Australia and have been stuck on the the Jekk Jekk Tarr server as my character was created after the date set by BW. currently the max numbers I have seen on a planet is 9 and worried that I will be dumped onto another US server where I'll again be playing when everyone is in bed or at work. Will Australasian's get transferred to their local server or be dumped onto the some US server because it's convenient for BW?

Shadeybum
06.12.2012 , 06:09 AM | #2023
Booooooooooooooo

Ramladon
06.12.2012 , 06:34 AM | #2024
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadeybum View Post
Booooooooooooooo
Agreed.

Madjuan
06.12.2012 , 06:38 AM | #2025
Pretty lame release of the new transfer service. Only four servers? Why am I even surprised?

JustTed
06.12.2012 , 06:41 AM | #2026
Quote: Originally Posted by Madjuan View Post
Pretty lame release of the new transfer service. Only four servers? Why am I even surprised?
They said it would be gradual. Can you not read?

SynysterSoloist
06.12.2012 , 06:45 AM | #2027
Was just wondering if the transfers are live now? I dont really see anything about them in game yet.

Salabel
06.12.2012 , 06:46 AM | #2028
So what transfers? I am assuming:

My character, their worn/held equipment
My companions unlocked and their worn/held equipment.
My personal bank, all items inside and all expansions purchased.
My Legacy unlocks ( maxed out companions, races, classes, perks earned/bought, etc.)
My quests done and storyline progression.
My companion points and progress in companion storylines
My Datacrons, Lore, locations, etc. unlocked.
My maps uncovered, taxis and quick travels unlocked.
My Valor points
My pets and vehicles
My skills bought ( especially those expensive speeder licenses)
My skill tree
My first name ( if available)
My titles unlocked.

Is there anything on this list that they have said ISN'T transferrring over?

Also, I have a bunch of imperial Legacy stuff unlocked on the departure server and a bunch of Republic Legacy stuff unlocked on the destination server. I know that for Legacy xp it is "the best of the two". Will it give my republic ( higher Legacy xp account ) my SI Legacy unlocks?
exclusive TOR footage: http://youtu.be/_sAftKy-mTs
( || || ||██████████████████████████████████

KorvkioscarN
06.12.2012 , 06:48 AM | #2029
It's so cute that people didn't read and understood this!

Seriously, have you been waiting for anything more?! They said servertransfers comes with update 1.3. Did they say 1.3 was released today? NO, so what is the gosh darn problem?

JeramieCrowe
06.12.2012 , 06:49 AM | #2030
Quote: Originally Posted by KorvkioscarN View Post
It's so cute that people didn't read and understood this!

Seriously, have you been waiting for anything more?! They said servertransfers comes with update 1.3. Did they say 1.3 was released today? NO, so what is the gosh darn problem?
LOL!! No, they said server transfers is launching on the 12th. It's the 12th. And here are the servers they are merely starting with:

http://www.swtor.com/transfer

FYI: We've known for about two months now from Stephen Reid that transfers were coming BEFORE 1.3. And here it is, before 1.3.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight