Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WrecklessMEDIC
06.11.2012 , 09:25 AM | #1851
Quote: Originally Posted by HeadwarP View Post
There's a simple solution to that..UP THE CHARACTOR LIMIT.
They're working on it. But they won't give you 16 slots per server. Maybe 10, but not 16.

TLamme
06.11.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1852
I am just curious on how the transfer process will start? Will we have to go to a link and sign up or automatically be transfered? Nothing says what we will need to do on our end to get in line for transfer!?!?

cipher_nemo
06.11.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1853
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
So the industry is already dead.
Not at all. The industry is just extremely competitive for MMOs.

Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
There's a major flaw in this argument: the coming generation of MMORPG subscribers do not like sandbox content. They don't like user-driven content. They want to be handed a path and plan; they want themepark games, but they want themeparks that never pause. They want themepark titles that put out new content constantly.
Your limited viewpoint. How could you say they don't like user-driven content? 31.5 million registered users of Minecraft would disagree with you. And of those 31.5 million registrations, 6.2 million bought the game. That would put SWTOR to shame even at its highest subscriber count. And don't forget Second Life. I never played Second Life, but it's all user driven content.

And do not like sandbox content? Every EVE Online player would disagree too.

Fact is, the numbers prove that user-generated content and sandbox MMOs are FAR more popular than amusement-park MMOs. The problem here is the cross-over of console titles. They're predominately amusment-park and have drawn a huge chunk of the PC amusement-park gaming crowd over there.

JeramieCrowe
06.11.2012 , 09:31 AM | #1854
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
They're working on it. But they won't give you 16 slots per server. Maybe 10, but not 16.
I dunno, I think they will. It might be expensive to get a full 8 more slots, but I think they will.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

cipher_nemo
06.11.2012 , 09:32 AM | #1855
Link, please. Or are you just pulling that out of you-know-where again? I see a trend with you.

Maccaz
06.11.2012 , 09:34 AM | #1856
Quote: Originally Posted by TLamme View Post
I am just curious on how the transfer process will start? Will we have to go to a link and sign up or automatically be transfered? Nothing says what we will need to do on our end to get in line for transfer!?!?
Nothing as of yet, but below is a link which will add all the info which is required to transfer.

Note : Nothing is posted yet in the link but we will know more tmr.

http://www.swtor.com/transfer
C E User

Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare, all your sins punished? I can offer you…an escape

WrecklessMEDIC
06.11.2012 , 09:39 AM | #1857
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I dunno, I think they will. It might be expensive to get a full 8 more slots, but I think they will.
I'd be ecstatic if they gave us 16 character slots, but I just can't see it. WoW is finally increasing their slots from 10 to 11 and only if you buy MoP....lol. Those crazy pandas.

JeramieCrowe
06.11.2012 , 09:41 AM | #1858
I'd be ecstatic if they gave us 16 character slots, but I just can't see it. WoW is finally increasing their slots from 10 to 11 and only if you buy MoP....lol. Those crazy pandas.

In EQ2 you can buy as many character slots as you want.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

ObiWanCannabis
06.11.2012 , 10:14 AM | #1859
I wonder if the transfers will be available after or before the maintenance scheduleed to the 12th...
You presume too much

crrypto
06.11.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1860
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiWanCannabis View Post
I wonder if the transfers will be available after or before the maintenance scheduleed to the 12th...
Well, since today is the 11th and we still haven't heard a word aside from "expect them on the 12th," I'm skeptical that this is even going to happen, at this rate. They need to give us something about how this process will work or I'm forced to believe they still haven't figured it out themselves. No offense here, just honest concern.