Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dezzi
06.06.2012 , 01:16 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Grammarye View Post
Who is to say that Bioware won't read this thread and go 'holy smokes there's a lot of players who want to consolidate their characters, maybe our second free wave should be for those players'?
The hope that this is the case is precisely why I continue to post complaints and criticisms and support those that do, while at the same time lampooning those that consistently try to silence those that do.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Nasakan
06.06.2012 , 01:16 PM | #162
This is great and all but I just don't understand why we can't go from PvE to PvP?? Granted it was my fault for making a toon on a PvE server (which I only did for my guild, that is now dead) but god dammit the PvP blows, leme go to a better server PLEASEEE!!

OneDon
06.06.2012 , 01:17 PM | #163
Question:

My main toon is on a low populated EU server, 'Rogue Moon'.

I rerolled on highly populated 'The Red Eclipse' EU server.

I've yet to achieve Legacy on both servers. Will I be able to move my main toon to The Red Eclipse or should I just delete him?

Ellyria
06.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #164
Quote:
In the case of Legacy names, unless you have unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, you will need to rename your Legacy upon transfer (although you may pick the same Legacy name as on your origin server, if available)
So, lemme see if I get this right. If I move a character from my home server to a destination server, in which I already have a Legacy on, I don't get the option to rename my Legacy at all, and am defaulted to the Legacy name I have on the destination server?

If so, kind of a bummer.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

psi_overtake
06.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrianna View Post
"...In the case of Legacy names, unless you have unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, you will need to rename your Legacy upon transfer (although you may pick the same Legacy name as on your origin server, if available)..."

Specific to the information provided above, can someone explain this because I am a bit confused.
Sure It means if you're part of the Banana legacy on your server, and you transfer your main to Jedi Covenant, all your toons on Jedi Covenant will become part of your Banana legacy (assuming that legacy is higher than the ones on Jedi Covenant). If there is already a Banana legacy on Jedi Covenant that belongs to another player, you will need to choose a different legacy name.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Grammarye
06.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #166
Whilst it doesn't directly affect me, the description of how to transfer a guild does sound... awkward. I can see that yielding a lot of pain & CS tickets as it stands. Surely the entity can be transferred (and players left find themselves guild-less) rather than vanishing & reformation?
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
The hope that this is the case is precisely why I continue to post complaints and criticisms and support those that do, while at the same time lampooning those that consistently try to silence those that do.
Perhaps merely I took issue with the phrasing e.g. 'money grab' Absolutely Bioware need to understand players' situations.

As mine has no doubt been lost somewhere around page 4, I would be quite keen to consolidate the characters I have across two servers.
For 2000 Cartel Coins, a year-old game breaking bug may get fixed.
For $20, an epic death scene for your character is unlocked to end your overly expensive class story. Subscribers pay $10.

TUXs
06.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Nasakan View Post
This is great and all but I just don't understand why we can't go from PvE to PvP?? Granted it was my fault for making a toon on a PvE server (which I only did for my guild, that is now dead) but god dammit the PvP blows, leme go to a better server PLEASEEE!!
I agree...they really need to allow this to happen, ESPECIALLY given the length of time it took for transfers and the severity of the drop in populations. Players were essentially forced to reroll alts to get any enjoyment. For what people have paid in sub fees, some leniency should be given.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

NDiggy
06.06.2012 , 01:21 PM | #168
6 days away and we can't even get server specifics?
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

Adrianna
06.06.2012 , 01:21 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
Sure It means if you're part of the Banana legacy on your server, and you transfer your main to Jedi Covenant, all your toons on Jedi Covenant will become part of your Banana legacy (assuming that legacy is higher than the ones on Jedi Covenant). If there is already a Banana legacy on Jedi Covenant that belongs to another player, you will need to choose a different legacy name.
banana legacy lol, nice random server name you chose as well :P
banana

Shayde
06.06.2012 , 01:21 PM | #170
I read we won't end up on a PVP if we're PVE.. but what if we WANT to move between a PVE and PVP server?
Shayde
Ex-Agent to the STARS!
Entertainment Officer - Underworld Parcel Service
The Last Space Slug server resident.