Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Dench
06.08.2012 , 06:44 PM | #1521
Quote: Originally Posted by Synxos View Post
read my post right above yours.
Ok, read it.

I'm on a RP-PVP server. I want to play on a PVP server. Your post doesnt really apply to me.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

HeavensAgent
06.08.2012 , 06:45 PM | #1522
Quote: Originally Posted by Pittpanther View Post
Whenever I just started playing this game in December I started playing on a PvE server. I tried out a PvP server to see what it would be like and i liked it much more than PvE. My question is am I going to be able to move my favorite character (who is now on a PvE server) to a PvP server?
Not as part of the coming transfers, but probably later. Likely for a fee. If at all.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Jaavik
06.08.2012 , 06:46 PM | #1523
Quote: Originally Posted by InnerPieces View Post
To BioWare: Fine. Fix your population problems. Then allow us to consolidate our characters on the server of our choice for free. Then, after you've solved your problem and helped us solve our problems (created by your problem), feel free to charge people for frivolous server transfers. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Well said!
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

-Dench
06.08.2012 , 06:49 PM | #1524
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
Well said!
Yep!!

PlagaNerezza
06.08.2012 , 06:59 PM | #1525
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Do you happen to have a link that shows that BioWare suggested abandoning your character and rolling on a different server? I remember all kinds of players suggesting it, but I don't remember BioWare suggesting it...
See my post in this thread back to population issues related to queue lengths. Stephen Reid stated if we where unhappy with queues to play on other servers. Same concept for low population applies. Next.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

WrecklessMEDIC
06.08.2012 , 07:13 PM | #1526
Quote: Originally Posted by InnerPieces View Post
To BioWare: Fine. Fix your population problems. Then allow us to consolidate our characters on the server of our choice for free. Then, after you've solved your problem and helped us solve our problems (created by your problem), feel free to charge people for frivolous server transfers. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Well, you're in luck. As I've been saying since the beginning:

That's exactly what they're going to do.

PlagaNerezza
06.08.2012 , 07:14 PM | #1527
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dench View Post
Yep!!
Its YUUUUUUUUUP! now.
-Storage Wars Dave
Just fyi.

I am warning bioware now this won't have the intended effect they think. Forcing people to merge to a server and abandoned guilds prior to moving is a very short sighted move.

If you want to allow moves you have to let people "move" there stuff. Half a move is going to be ugly when people realize you just dumped them on another crummy empty server.

people do not like take it or leave it propositions.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

-Dench
06.08.2012 , 07:23 PM | #1528
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Its YUUUUUUUUUP! now.
-Storage Wars Dave
Just fyi.
Very funny you say that!

when i typed YEP!!! i was thinking of Dave Hester! haha

JeramieCrowe
06.08.2012 , 07:30 PM | #1529
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dench View Post
Ok, read it.

I'm on a RP-PVP server. I want to play on a PVP server. Your post doesnt really apply to me.
If you want to be on a PvP server instead of a RP-PvP server, then the mistake is yours, not BioWare's, thus the paid transfer is a perfectly viable way to do this.

There is no reason, at all, to expect they won't allow this as a paid service.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

JeramieCrowe
06.08.2012 , 07:31 PM | #1530
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
See my post in this thread back to population issues related to queue lengths. Stephen Reid stated if we where unhappy with queues to play on other servers. Same concept for low population applies. Next.
Thank you! That's why I was asking. Err... next what?
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight