Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
06.07.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1131 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

You can get F'd over by this move.
This is simply not correct. From my previous post:

"In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, we’ll be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.

Therefore, all guild members on the origin server will be eligible to transfer to the same destination server, ensuring that the guild has the opportunity to stay together.
Please note that we will not be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process.
"

With this information, you can see that you do not need to transfer at the same exact time.

Arnasdam
06.07.2012 , 05:24 PM | #1132
Haven't read through the entire thread, but have they said anything about a minimum level for characters to be transferred?

-Dench
06.07.2012 , 05:25 PM | #1133
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

"[I]In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, we’ll be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.
Aren't there any concerns on your end that combining all of the RP-PVP servers still will not have enough players to have a large and very active place to play in? There is a lot of grumbling going on from players like myself who are in slow RP-PVP servers.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

danpen
06.07.2012 , 05:26 PM | #1134
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnasdam View Post
Haven't read through the entire thread, but have they said anything about a minimum level for characters to be transferred?
No not at the moment.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 05:26 PM | #1135
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnasdam View Post
They have not.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 05:28 PM | #1136
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Read the above you have to "disband" your guild. If they were going to ensure everyone going to the same place they should do it like th PTS moves and not this half *** break up the band and pray you get your back.
Of course you'd have to disband the guild and empty the bank before you move. Only makes sense. The reason they can't move an entire guild to a new server is because that guild name or guildmaster's name may already be taken.

What if you transferred and found out someone had ninja'd your guild because they had your old guildmaster's name when you got there?

JeramieCrowe
06.07.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1137
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara
Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

You can get F'd over by this move.

"In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, we’ll be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.

Therefore, all guild members on the origin server will be eligible to transfer to the same destination server, ensuring that the guild has the opportunity to stay together.
Please note that we will not be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process.
"

With this information, you can see that you do not need to transfer at the same exact time.
Thank you for the reiteration!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Leatherbeak
06.07.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1138
There will be a full FAQ published on Tuesday to answer most of your questions, but I wanted to go ahead and answer these two.

1. Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.

2. Yes, you will have to:
  • Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.
  • Disband the Guild.
  • Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.
  • Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.

Hopefully that answers your question.
Are you serious? What kind of service is this? How can you possibly be sure that guilds will not be broken up if you have to DISBAND the guild?

Guys, the honeymoon is over. This amateur stuff is not how to keep your player base. If it takes you some time to figure this out then FIGURE IT OUT before you start transfers. If you muck with guilds you are done. Plain and simple.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Emohawk
06.07.2012 , 05:34 PM | #1139
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
Of course you'd have to disband the guild and empty the bank before you move. Only makes sense. The reason they can't move an entire guild to a new server is because that guild name or guildmaster's name may already be taken.

What if you transferred and found out someone had ninja'd your guild because they had your old guildmaster's name when you got there?
Don't even think i have enough bank/bag space to hold my guild bank.....will be a push to get everything in, even with using 5 officers banks.

Pizzel
06.07.2012 , 05:38 PM | #1140
What if u want to go to a pvp server? Have t read all the pages not sure if this was covered. Our guild would like to go to pvp server but it is sounding like that may not be possible.