Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 05:09 PM | #1121
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
No they did not..infact they said guilds are NOT beign transfered together they will have to "reform" their guild and apply to have their bank moved seperately. This reeks of chances you get screwed transfering.
You're right guilds will not be transferred together in one chunk. But, they will be sent to the same server. They will NOT be split up. Even if the destination server is "full" they will keep your guild together.

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #1122
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
You're right guilds will not be transferred together in one chunk. But, they will be sent to the same server. They will NOT be split up. Even if the destination server is "full" they will keep your guild together.
Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

You can get F'd over by this move.

Here I'll show this to you in their own words. Ready Line Number 2 "disband" its very telling.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
There will be a full FAQ published on Tuesday to answer most of your questions, but I wanted to go ahead and answer these two.

1. Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.

2. Yes, you will have to:
  • Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.
  • Disband the Guild.
  • Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.
  • Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Emohawk
06.07.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1123
There will be a full FAQ published on Tuesday to answer most of your questions, but I wanted to go ahead and answer these two.

1. Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.

• Disband the Guild.

No offence joveth but it seems were having to work even harder becuase all guild support is being pulled....
Why can't the same system be used from the PTS? you had no issues copying my guild over to that all at once..

lexiekaboom
06.07.2012 , 05:13 PM | #1124

• Disband the Guild.

Two more questions based on this information;

1) Why do you hate us and want us to quit?

2) Will you ever do anything right?

Anarchistic
06.07.2012 , 05:14 PM | #1125
My Step son and a few friends joined Star Wars late and were ineligible for the free transfer to an Asia/Pacific server, at the time The Jekk’Jekk Tarr and The Harbinger were unofficial Australian servers so he went there, my question (or His).

With the new server Transfers coming on June 12th will he be able to join me and his mother on Dalborra as there are now official Asia/Pacific servers?

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1126
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarchistic View Post
My Step son and a few friends joined Star Wars late and were ineligible for the free transfer to an Asia/Pacific server, at the time The Jekk’Jekk Tarr and The Harbinger were unofficial Australian servers so he went there, my question (or His).

With the new server Transfers coming on June 12th will he be able to join me and his mother on Dalborra as there are now official Asia/Pacific servers?
No This merge is only for dead / light servers to go to a predefined destination. You're in the boat with the rest of us...someone will have to fork cash.

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 05:18 PM | #1127
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

You can get F'd over by this move.

Here I'll show this to you in their own words. Ready Line Number 2 "disband" its very telling.
No matter what you will be transferred to the same server as your guildies. Even if you transfer waay later than them, even if the destination server is "full", they will put you with your guild. Guilds are an extremely high priority and will have special conditions to keep them together.

You can bank on it.

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 05:19 PM | #1128
No matter what you will be transferred to the same server as your guildies. Even if you transfer waay later than them, even if the destination server is "full", they will put you with your guild. Guilds are an extremely high priority and will have special conditions to keep them together.

You can bank on it.
Read the above you have to "disband" your guild. If they were going to ensure everyone going to the same place they should do it like th PTS moves and not this half *** break up the band and pray you get your back.

HelinCarnate
06.07.2012 , 05:19 PM | #1129

You can bank on it.
You got a sorce for that?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Rogoo
06.07.2012 , 05:22 PM | #1130
Hi Rogoo,

As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP.
Thank you for the answer. However please consider different options in the future.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.