Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 04:47 PM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post

So when are you going to release actual server transfers, rather than this pointless half-measure?
They'll make you pay for it when they impliment it.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

islander
06.07.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1102
Great, so my friends and I will be unsubscribing then.

That's worse than useless.

We don't WANT to stay on an RP server. We consider it the biggest mistake we've made in our collective history of MMO gaming.

So when are you going to release actual server transfers, rather than this pointless half-measure?
Oh look, blaming Bioware for something that wasn't their fault. QQ, QQ

The answer is: You can pay for it after they merge servers (which is really what this first stage of transfers is - voluntary server merging)
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Nakazia
06.07.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1103
We don't WANT to stay on an RP server. We consider it the biggest mistake we've made in our collective history of MMO gaming.
Please see my previous post

Quote: Originally Posted by Nakazia View Post
Some people don't understand... that these transfers are for people currently playing on a dead server.

You re-rolled? Sorry.

You want a different TYPE of server? Sorry.

You've got multiple characters on a dead server and you'd like to move? Here's a new one.

I have a feeling that even this level of transfers is a tremendous undertaking.. but people seem to expect insta guild transfers, are upset NOW that their Fatman characters won't be able to be consolidated with their old servers characters, or OMG I want to be on a PvP server now... it's not meant to fix deliberate actions done by the player it's meant to stablize the current population.

In the future I'm sure doing some of those things may be options for a little $, but as of this moment, they're putting out a very large fire and to expect them to cater to your every transfering desire just isn't realistic.
Transfers at the moment are not about correcting your mistakes.

Emohawk
06.07.2012 , 04:51 PM | #1104
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
This. Its why I'm okay with this setup. They really are trying to create a small set of HEAVY pop servers.

That is what we ultimately want, isn't it?
I am all for the huge servers but not allowing guilds to move as one is a huge mistake......we are not all single players here.

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 04:52 PM | #1105

At least you can admit it was your mistake. Now, you can probably understand why they won't cater to your finicky desires. And knowing is half the battle.

islander
06.07.2012 , 04:52 PM | #1106
Quote: Originally Posted by Emohawk View Post
I am all for the huge servers but not allowing guilds to move as one is a huge mistake......we are not all single players here.
I actually agree with you on this point. I am somewhat surprised they cant move guilds, when you consider they moved them from website data to open this game!

edit: still, my guild will manage. They've said they won't be altering destination servers once they start the moves, so stragglers shouldn't have much difficulty finding and transferring to where my guild will be moving to.

Emohawk
06.07.2012 , 04:54 PM | #1107
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I actually agree with you on this point. I am somewhat surprised they cant move guilds, when you consider they moved them from website data to open this game!
Also they can move whole guilds onto the PTS but not for these transfers.......

psi_overtake
06.07.2012 , 04:54 PM | #1108

We have friends on non-RP servers we want to play with, and playing with them in 1.3 was our sole motivation for continuing. We're bored of Flashpoints, the quality of PVE players on RP servers is atrocious (so getting a stable Ops group of people we can coexist with and/or count on has proven impossible), the quality of PVP players on RP servers is also painfully low, and our hope to rekindle our interest was being able to gather a disparate group of friends from across server types.

If you have friends on non-RP servers, re-roll to them. Nobody's stopping you. YOU picked to play on an RP server, and YOUR FRIENDS picked to play on something else. Those're your own faults. So either re-roll or wait for paid transfers. The current transfer is to address a 100% completely separate issue than yours. No oh-woe-as-me argument is going to get special treatment.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

islander
06.07.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1109
right on ^^^

this stage of transfers is due to Bioware's population issues, ergo the FREE nature of them.

Nakazia
06.07.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1110
Quote: Originally Posted by Emohawk View Post

You'll all have to transfer to the same server. I don't see why it's such a huge deal tbh. Any guild that isn't dead won't have too hard a time getting their members to coordinate moving to the only available option I wouldn't think.

Not to mention if they DID try to do what you're suggesting we probably wouldn't get transfers this year.