Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aryouStupid
06.07.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by malcher View Post
One question I did not find answer for: is BW guaranteeing that all people from origin servers will be able to move to the same destination server? Destination server has its maximum capacity, so in theory it may happen that for example after a week of transfers it gets full, with some people (lets say the unlucky half of the guild still waiting to transfer. Then the real *****storm will start
If BW is smart they do 1-2 servers at a time. Cause then if even every character transfers to the same server most likely it will not be full, especially since over half of the people on your server are probably unsubbed anway and most servers dont have enough active accounts to overpopulate 1 server.
House of Drayven
{Alpha Team - Officer}
Server: The Bastion

RankorSSGS
06.07.2012 , 03:34 PM | #1062
TBH, im crushed by this, I was desperately hoping to move my PvE server toons to a PvP server, as I have discovered I rather enjoy PvP. Now apparently this will not be an option

JeramieCrowe
06.07.2012 , 03:35 PM | #1063
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
TBH, im crushed by this, I was desperately hoping to move my PvE server toons to a PvP server, as I have discovered I rather enjoy PvP. Now apparently this will not be an option
Only at first. It will be an option later.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

aryouStupid
06.07.2012 , 03:36 PM | #1064
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
Not right now. But it will eventually be an option if you are willing to pay to transfer.
House of Drayven
{Alpha Team - Officer}
Server: The Bastion

JeramieCrowe
06.07.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Please name them. Most MMOs who offer server transfers, whether free or paid, do very little limiting on where you can go. LOTRO is pretty open and Rift is almost wide-open.
And Rift only has 250k subs or less across 119 servers, too. Obviously not a solution for four times the population.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Fionah
06.07.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1066
Please allow players to transfer their toons from dead servers to the server they already have a high level character on. In my case I have 2 separate 50's on 2 separate dead servers. I would like to move them to the server where I currently have my 3rd 50. This server has a healthy population and it would be nice to re-unite my high level toons.

Thanks

Sanxxx
06.07.2012 , 03:45 PM | #1067
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Only at first. It will be an option later.
Paid option.

Sanxxx
06.07.2012 , 03:48 PM | #1068
And Rift only has 250k subs or less across 119 servers, too. Obviously not a solution for four times the population.
You of all people should know better than to mix subs and population

noodlenoodle
06.07.2012 , 03:53 PM | #1069
What's the "obvious" bottleneck? Please, elucidate me on the logistical & technical problems that prevent BioWare from giving us a reasonable server transfer system that's not built on quasi-optional pseudomerges and paid transfers down the road.

Nyteblades
06.07.2012 , 03:56 PM | #1070
My question is i see where your doing selected server transfers. Meaning theres only going to be certain servers that get the free transfers either to or from . So what about those of us o n a dead server that dosnt get in the list ?

Are we going to be stuckon dead servers untill you implement a paid transfer? Or will all servers be allowed a free transfer? . Trying find out if its worth resubing or if theres a chance my server will not get on the free transfer list.
Live life with honor,And you will die with no regrets.