Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1051
Quote: Originally Posted by Nakazia View Post
Some people don't understand... that these transfers are for people currently playing on a dead server.

You re-rolled? Sorry.

You want a different TYPE of server? Sorry.

You've got multiple characters on a dead server and you'd like to move? Here's a new one.

I have a feeling that even this level of transfers is a tremendous undertaking.. but people seem to expect insta guild transfers, are upset NOW that their Fatman characters won't be able to be consolidated with their old servers characters, or OMG I want to be on a PvP server now... it's not meant to fix deliberate actions done by the player it's meant to stablize the current population.

In the future I'm sure doing some of those things may be options for a little $, but as of this moment, they're putting out a very large fire and to expect them to cater to your every transfering desire just isn't realistic.
Appologist aren't necessary there are already tons of them. The issues with the servers is not limited to the dead servers. Are they priority yes? But so should be all the other issues once half the problem is taken care of. The worst part is some people in the reroll department were TOLD by the Devs & CS moderators TO reroll. Bioware is causing the chaos.

Whats the point of the free transfers anyway when alot of people are already preparing to quit or just not return anyway because of the constant mishandling. Everyone should get a 1 shot transfer even if the Dead servers go first everyone else should go next even if its with limited choices to help maintain server stability.

But since they only promise to make us pay for their ****s up that drove people away from the game I've already revoked my money or when my account renews. I know I'm not alone in this since my last two remaining RL friends are doing the same and I've already seen plenty of other people since this post about transfers go up doing the same thing.

HeavensAgent
06.07.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1052
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
What if you have characters already on the destination server, but have 8 characters on the origin server? There are only 8 slots available, so if you have say 8 chars on the origin server and 3 on the destination server, how will it be handled?

Edit: Granted, I know the chances of this are fairly slim but it's still a possibility that I'm sure some people will encounter.
Not as slim as you might think. Consider the RP-PvP servers. These populations are all likely to be combined, and it is very likely that a given active account will have more than 8 characters among the three servers.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

HeavensAgent
06.07.2012 , 03:20 PM | #1053
Quote: Originally Posted by Aldael View Post
Can anyone answer me what would happen if the transfer they give me, doesnt convince me and I don't take it, there will be another transfer from that server to another?
No one knows at this time.

malcher
06.07.2012 , 03:21 PM | #1054
One question I did not find answer for: is BW guaranteeing that all people from origin servers will be able to move to the same destination server? Destination server has its maximum capacity, so in theory it may happen that for example after a week of transfers it gets full, with some people (lets say the unlucky half of the guild still waiting to transfer. Then the real *****storm will start

Kindara
06.07.2012 , 03:21 PM | #1055
Quote: Originally Posted by malcher View Post
One question I did not find answer for: is BW guaranteeing that all people from origin servers will be able to move to the same destination server? Destination server has its maximum capacity, so in theory it may happen that for example after a week of transfers it gets full, with some people (lets say the unlucky half of the guild still waiting to transfer. Then the real *****torm will start
No..if the server fills up they will start sending people to a new destination.

HeavensAgent
06.07.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1056
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
No..if the server fills up they will start sending people to a new destination.
This is incorrect, and was specifically stated as such.

Enochx
06.07.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1057
BAH!! It's as I have said for weeks now people. This will not help very much. I hope it does, but I don't think it will. You should just re-roll on Jedi Covenant. STILL the best decision I have ever made. I left all my characters behind and all my lagacy crap behind, but you know what? It was a good trade. I would trade it all again to be in a highly populated, vibrant server like Jedi Covenant. I have been here since day 2 of early access and I have NO lvl 50's because of dead servers. I started on one...it died. Went to another...it died. my third server is the way. Just re-roll your characters....it isn't THAT bad. plus you don't realize just how much more effiicent with everything you are the second go around.
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

islander
06.07.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1058
One question I did not find answer for: is BW guaranteeing that all people from origin servers will be able to move to the same destination server? Destination server has its maximum capacity, so in theory it may happen that for example after a week of transfers it gets full, with some people (lets say the unlucky half of the guild still waiting to transfer. Then the real *****storm will start
I asked this way back on page 2.

According to both Allison and Joveth, they have no plans to change destination servers for a given origin server. If at some point they do, they will give plenty of notice.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

malcher
06.07.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1059
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
This is incorrect, and was specifically stated as such.
Could you say where specifically?

HeavensAgent
06.07.2012 , 03:26 PM | #1060
Could you say where specifically?
Sure thing:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Please note that we will not be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process.