Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why TOR's storyline is so disappointing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why TOR's storyline is so disappointing?

USMCjv
06.05.2012 , 02:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
The story tries too hard.
Spoiler
I already knew this but they have spoiler tags for a reason

jedimasterjac
06.05.2012 , 02:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by USMCjv View Post
I already knew this but they have spoiler tags for a reason
lol XD He's true.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!

Dunzo
06.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #23
ugh fine whatever MOM

Vis-Tecum
06.05.2012 , 02:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
The story tries too hard.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Notannos
06.05.2012 , 02:48 PM | #25
Hello Everyone

We ask that story discussions outside of the Spoilers forum be wrapped in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting
[spoiler] at the beginning of your text and [/spoiler] at the end! Your result will look like this:

Spoiler

Thanks everyone!

Gordoma
06.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #26
I'm most definitely not disappointed with the class story-lines. Although its hard to see the long term ramifications of your decisions without replaying, I've noticed several without rerolling the same class. I think the Sith Warrior has some clear decisions were certain conversation options completely alter later encounters to make them easier or harder. There is a a decision in the SI story that has me really puzzled as to how it impacts the future story (I was lightside).
May the Force be with you

USMCjv
06.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
Spoiler

edit: six months after release its up to people who dont want story spoiled to stay out of threads that are about story. I feel no obligation to hide spoilers this far after release. people are resposible for them selves and do not need to be coddled
Some people play multiple alts which takes a lot more time to level or are just new to the game, and don't want to read spoilers in general forums they have a specific sub thread in the story and lore forums for spoilers http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=248.

Vis-Tecum
06.05.2012 , 02:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by USMCjv View Post
Some people play multiple alts which takes a lot more time to level or are just new to the game, and don't want to read spoilers in general forums they have a specific sub thread in the story and lore forums for spoilers http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=248.
then stay out of threads discussing the games story. but dont worry the moderators are there to walk you to school and make sure you wear your helmet and pin your mittens to your coat too

I guess people are not responsible for themselves and need to be coddled
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

USMCjv
06.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
then stay out of threads discussing the games story. but dont worry the moderators are there to walk you to school and make sure you wear your helmet and pin your mittens to your coat too

I guess people are not responsible for themselves and need to be coddled
I've already seen that storyline but there is a specific thread for posting spoilers, not to mention how easy it is to add spoiler tags. No need to ruin the game for someone who doesn't play exactly as you do or just bought it.

Lordgeneral
06.05.2012 , 03:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gooseguy View Post
It is simply because it has no consequences for whatever actions you choose. It doesn't really matter which option you pick, the next part of the story ends the exact same way for every choice. And it doesn't really matter which dialogue option you choose either, all you *maybe* get is a different response.

I mean you never get different gear, special items, credits, or anything of that sort based on storyline options, i think it's just kinda bland for a game that is a carbon copy of WOW (except the voiceovers ofcourse) to just have it stall out completely once u pick ur different option.

I mean if you are going to imbed story into an MMO or any game, for that matter, atleast make it feel like it's important right?

And don't even get me started on dark/light side... the only benefits too this are equipping RELICS? Or looking sick if ur too far into the darkside?

I remember in an interview prior too the games release, one of the developers was like... *You will be able too choose different options for your storyline in flashpoints, that will affect what *BOSSES* you fight inside it... And the only flashpoint for which it's available is in Black Talon LOL! 1 stinky boss with 0 twists too it anyway, making it such a joke too even implement and talk about honestly.

I mean so much hype about TOR's storyline, i just don't even see how it's impressive at all, doesn't even feel like it matters (which it doesn't apparently).

And for those who say, too give it time. It won't have ANY time or chance too improve if it's DEAD now will it? I think it's pretty obvious that thier first impression was what mattered most...

Oh your the guy that made a "i'm quitting look at me!" thread not long ago XD, stayed around did we?
Sentinel: Ahzek: Hydian Way

Sorcerer: Sindri: Hydian Way