Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DLC for a Subbed MMO?

Tkerzis
06.05.2012 , 11:31 AM | #1
Seriously Bioware? Seriously?

I know it's just a survey, but it doesn't bode well:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6s...Wjg/edit?pli=1

Edit:
Since I'm not entirely sure of the people who replied are trolling or not:
A) There's a scrollbar, multiple plans for selling it are pitched. Read all pages.
B) It's not a expansion, look at what games like EQ / EQ2 / WoW added with their expansion packs. This is 1.4. being sold off.
Empire: Amnixia 55 Merc - Idolvo 55 Powertech - Tkerzis 52 Operative - Nerevar 50 Sorc - Leprous 26 Juggernaught
Republic: Idolvox 55 Scoundrel - Ídolvo 30 Commando - Idolva 30 Sage

psi_overtake
06.05.2012 , 11:32 AM | #2
Old news. I wouldn't look too much into it.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

grombrinda
06.05.2012 , 11:33 AM | #3
Make this as a makeshift poll:

I won't be paying for any expansions.

Thuggy
06.05.2012 , 11:37 AM | #4
Expansion packs are nothing new in the mmo-verse.

Expansion packs 1 year after launch...and 2 tiers of raiding however....is a bit shady >_>;

Tkerzis
06.05.2012 , 11:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuggy View Post
Expansion packs are nothing new in the mmo-verse.

Expansion packs 1 year after launch...and 2 tiers of raiding however....is a bit shady >_>;
It's not an expansion though, this is skinny DLC being brought up as a Expansion.

Edit:
Just to point out, even if the planet was twice the size of any current SWTOR planet it wouldn't be enough for a "expansion" label. Add one new raid, warzone and a space mission (and a new race that should have been in).

EAWare is trying to pawn 1.4. to subpayers.
Empire: Amnixia 55 Merc - Idolvo 55 Powertech - Tkerzis 52 Operative - Nerevar 50 Sorc - Leprous 26 Juggernaught
Republic: Idolvox 55 Scoundrel - Ídolvo 30 Commando - Idolva 30 Sage

jarjarloves
06.05.2012 , 11:57 AM | #6
Stop making stuff up

WrecklessMEDIC
06.05.2012 , 11:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkerzis View Post
It's not an expansion though, this is skinny DLC being brought up as a Expansion.

Edit:
Just to point out, even if the planet was twice the size of any current SWTOR planet it wouldn't be enough for a "expansion" label. Add one new raid, warzone and a space mission (and a new race that should have been in).

EAWare is trying to pawn 1.4. to subpayers.
Looks like smaller, cheaper mini-expansions released once a year instead of bigger, more expensive ones every 2 years like Blizzard does. I'd pay $25 for a mini-expansion.

jmnormand
06.05.2012 , 12:01 PM | #8
its just a marketing survey. they are testing the waters so to speak. and as long as they do not try to pass it off as a $50 expansion, im not to worried. $10-20 is not that bad for extra content in mmo terms.

DarthTHC
06.05.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
If that's legit, it's pretty darn good in the world of MMOs... Let's see...

+5 Levels
New PvP Planet
New Species
3 Character Slots
90 Days Subscription
Vanity crap

All for $10? Sold!

Heck, the gametime alone is worth $42!

Rafaman
06.05.2012 , 12:07 PM | #10
It's not a big deal. If it is fairly priced, there will be a market for it, if not there wont' be. Either way you as a consumer can decide.

I think it would be smart of BW not to charge for this next iteration irrespective of whatever you want to call it. It would be a great way to build loyalty, user retention and increase subs. Seems logical from a marketing perspective to build up the base before offering a must have add on or pack for additional profit.