Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What kind of community are we making?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What kind of community are we making?

Caspian_Rho
06.05.2012 , 03:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RangerBeo View Post
Unfortunately when Bioware decided server specific forums were not important and did not create them...they prevented the spontaneous community building which normally takes place in MMO's to a large degree. Lack of organizational tools for the players easily access on this website slowed progress (other player created websites had to be created to provide this service) in planning server events, roleplaying events, guild recruitment...etc. Unfortunately, it may be too late for this to happen now....many of the players who played the beta and grew with the game from the beginning have lost faith and moved on....which I wil be doing soon as soon as my sub suns out. It is a shame Bioware seemingly believes they know thier players better than the players know themselves. A great opportunity to build on what SWG started......wasted...in my own humble opinion.
Personally and in my experience I believe the community is created on the servers then spills out on to the forums, not the other way around.
... the search continues for an actual Star Wars MMO - your stories are weak old man... not to mention races, bugs, quests, features, pvp and on and on and on

RangerBeo
06.05.2012 , 03:35 PM | #22
I agree....in part.......it takes both...but there were too many servers....population too spread out...and no server specific forums at the begining...like I said just my humble opinion

Hommi
06.07.2012 , 02:20 PM | #23
If you can't figure this out, these are not the forums you're looking for ! ( waves hand in the air )