Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic Sith

Captain_Zone
06.06.2012 , 12:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Would it be cool? Sure but it's rather unreasonable. They would have to redo all the conversations where species is referenced in any way, twice. Chiss is also a heavily imperial only species. A chiss would never really join the republic and their culture doesn't really allow "strays".
Where does it say that? Where does it specify that Chiss can't choose their own path in the galaxy? Chiss don't HAVE to join the Empire. Some do to help the cause of "Keeping The Imps Out Of Ascendancy Space", but there is nothing to prevent some Chiss from joining the Republic. They are simply disavowed to the Empire by their own people in the interest of keeping the peace between Ascendancy and Empire.

For example, my Sniper and Gunslinger are brothers. Older bro joined Imperial Intelligence as a Double Agent for the Ascendancy to keep tabs on the Imperials. Younger bro decided to join a spacer crew and ended up buying his own ship with the money he made as a freighter crewman.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Katahn
06.06.2012 , 01:24 PM | #12
Would it be cool? Sure but it's rather unreasonable. They would have to redo all the conversations where species is referenced in any way, twice. Chiss is also a heavily imperial only species. A chiss would never really join the republic and their culture doesn't really allow "strays".
You are right about it being unreasonable to expect the conversations to change, and I am not demanding they do be changed. I am just saying that the inconsistency would bug me and that is why I won't do it. That's all.

As for the Chiss... well others have answered that and I agree with them. There is no reason a Chiss couldn't become an outlaw or an expat of the Ascendency and work and operate with the Republic. In fact I imagine Force-sensitive Chiss may very well prefer that to joining the SIth given the rather emotionless demeanor they have as a race.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Jandi
06.07.2012 , 12:31 AM | #13
Nothing is really stopping a pureblood from leaving the empire either.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 12:56 AM | #14
Nothing is really stopping a pureblood from leaving the empire either.
They had better be powerful because Republic Citizen Prejudice would be strong, I am sure the average Republic citizen would lynch a Sith Pureblood if they got the chance because of the Great War.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Harlequintwo
06.07.2012 , 04:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
They had better be powerful because Republic Citizen Prejudice would be strong, I am sure the average Republic citizen would lynch a Sith Pureblood if they got the chance because of the Great War.
Yeah I think that's the one race that 'Pub's' would be racist against. Most don't know about Chiss so they'd probably get away.

But the good thing about legacy unlocks is that it forces you to make a race with a class on what would be most suitable. Sure you can make a Pureblood Jedi, but you can't do it without making a Pureblood Sith (except spending loads of money), so it's not like the number of Republic Pureblood will overtake the number of Pureblood on the Empire, thus keeping it more true to lore.

spectreclees
06.07.2012 , 04:44 AM | #16
I think a lot of people misunderstand that Sith is a cultural and standing and also a species.

Jandi
06.07.2012 , 06:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
I think a lot of people misunderstand that Sith is a cultural and standing and also a species.
What are you on about? Not one poster in this thread has mixed them up. That comment makes no sense whatsoever in this context.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.