Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quechua Language

Sathid
06.05.2012 , 04:46 AM | #1
For quite some time while playing this game and listening to the Aliens i kept saying to myself that it has to be some south american language that they are using.

i dont know if i am right on this but here is something interesting.

Quote:
Paul Blake played Greedo in the shots that feature both Greedo and Han Solo in the same frame. For Greedo's close-ups, a new articulated head was built for pickups at the end of the shoot, and Maria De Aragon was enlisted to play the Rodian. Greedo's language was actually Quechua, a native language of South America.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Greedo

And here is a youtube of the language,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AjTi...eature=related

Jandi
06.05.2012 , 04:49 AM | #2
They don't really use a real language. If you pay attention, certain alien words and phrases are repeated a lot but the meaning is completely different. What they say has nothing to do with the text, it's just noise. It's also why most people just spacebar through alien speech, it's just noise.

elliotcat
06.05.2012 , 06:34 AM | #3
Huttese is also based on Quechua.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

bright_ephemera
06.05.2012 , 12:24 PM | #4
Very cool! Star Wars isn't exactly renowned for its sophisticated handling of language, but I love hearing about the sources for the phonemes and rhythms of the alien languages they do have.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

elliotcat
06.05.2012 , 04:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Very cool! Star Wars isn't exactly renowned for its sophisticated handling of language, but I love hearing about the sources for the phonemes and rhythms of the alien languages they do have.
I used Quechua to make up a Huttese nickname for my character. I wanted the Hutts to call her something weird. It was really fun! I love playing with languages.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Groncho
06.05.2012 , 04:11 PM | #6
<---------------------------------mai name
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=