Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cather exclusive to republic? I don't think so, here's why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cather exclusive to republic? I don't think so, here's why...

CJ_SAX_MAN
06.05.2012 , 01:55 AM | #1
I don't think Cathar will be exclusive to republic, I could see the Bounty Hunters and Inquisitors both being Cathar, and I have lore to back it up.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

Kaisernick
06.05.2012 , 03:25 AM | #2
You also forgot about the empire quest on belsavis that has to do with a cathar being enslaved by the republic that would make a few fellow cathar say "screw you republic"

im curious as a Bh can you turn down becoming a mandlorian cause if i made a cathar Bh id think i would turn it down due to their history?

CJ_SAX_MAN
06.05.2012 , 03:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
You also forgot about the empire quest on belsavis that has to do with a cathar being enslaved by the republic that would make a few fellow cathar say "screw you republic"

im curious as a Bh can you turn down becoming a mandlorian cause if i made a cathar Bh id think i would turn it down due to their history?
very good point
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

Mookind
06.05.2012 , 03:36 AM | #4
Well if they wanted to fix server imbalance that would be an effective way to do it........

Props if they do

DarthRobert
06.05.2012 , 03:52 AM | #5
I've known some pretty evil cats in my time. I've no doubt there are also evil cat people. They'll be in the Empire for sure.

Jandi
06.05.2012 , 04:37 AM | #6
Uhh we have the legacy system. No species is exclusive to a side.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Mookind
06.05.2012 , 01:37 PM | #7
You know how legacy works right?

You don't just spend creds on race unlocks.....

JRastenn
06.05.2012 , 01:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
Yes you can, I did on mine. Mandalore gets all pissy with you for a second and storms off, but that's about it.

Phyreblade
06.05.2012 , 01:55 PM | #9
I honestly think they'll make Cathar exclusive to the Republic at the start. But Legacy unlocks work pretty well, so I imagine it won't be long before we do see Cathar on the Empire side, as well. I think Bioware will work to repair the current imbalance between Imps and Pubs, though, so it makes sense they'd start off as a Pub-only species.

I'm also leaning towards Cathar being only one new species. I figure Bioware will offer us a new Imperial-only species to balance the Cathar. Bothan, maybe. Give cats to the Pubs and dogs to the Imps...hehe.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

Ranadiel_Marius
06.05.2012 , 02:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
I'm also leaning towards Cathar being only one new species. I figure Bioware will offer us a new Imperial-only species to balance the Cathar. Bothan, maybe. Give cats to the Pubs and dogs to the Imps...hehe.
.....Are there even any bothans in game right now? I can't recall any at least. If there are any additional races that are going to be added along with the Cathar, I'd personally bet on them fitting the same basic criteria that the Cathar do. So a specieis that can speak basic, is mostly humanesque in appearance but possibly slightly less so than the current species, and currently exists in game likely in a large number. I'd put Togruta as the species with highest probability now that Cathar have been added.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)