Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

LoKiei's Avatar


LoKiei
06.05.2012 , 04:50 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidoru View Post
Yet there is a point in making baseless claims for which you offer no support and therefore provide little reason to be considered as anything other than false or attempts at trolling?

What a convenient excuse, you wont argue rationally, not because you cant, but because there is 'no point'.
Yet you continue to respond. How nice. What is the point in that? I clearly cannot be swayed in my belief, so why bother posting at all?
To highlight what you have written so others can see the flawed arguments. Honestly how do you expect anyone to consider you credible when you purposefully ignore or discount the advantages one class has over another?

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
06.05.2012 , 04:53 PM | #162
guyz. im the best player in swtor, take my word for it. i was doing this warzone and a powertech like 2 hit me! the whole warzone he was hitting me over and over with 5k+ rail shots and killing me a lot!! this is so OP guys, cuz my skillz are uber good and i never lose 1v1. powertech is so OP and ruining game balance.

bioware fix this or ill cancel my sub!!!!11!!!


^ you all still sound like this
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

KBSIP's Avatar


KBSIP
06.05.2012 , 04:54 PM | #163
You seem to be the one making baseless claims.

as to when to use your evasion, there are two big tells for burster phases. there's the opener which will have you get lit up with inc missile, letting you know the first railshot is incoming along with the thermal detonator, and then if you notice the lack of burst form them for a bit they're probably waiting for the cooldown on railshot to die to chain two procs, in which case you pop evasion after the first railshot, mitigating the rocket punch follow up ( I do believe RP is calculated as melee and not tech, but not positive) and also mitigating the second, procced railshot.

this is, of course, if you don't simply knock back the pyro and root him with legshot, disabling his ability to proc railshots by pushing him past the 10 meter threshold for flame burst.

also, if you're a marksmen you have a talented ability that reduces accuracy of target by 45% for 20 seconds, and a passive that lets you retain 20% extra ranged defense when you leave cover, allowing you to effectively pop in-and-out for the duration of the debuff. if he pulls you in with grapply, cover, pop the KB, hit with instant procced snipe, followthrough, 1 sec shorter channeled ambush as he attempts to re-engage for EXTRA knockback, hit with flashbang, hit with root. nice heavy damage dealer phase right there.

really there's no excuse for a sniper losing to a pyro unless they get caught dead-to-rights flatfooted, but if you're caught flat on your *** by any class you deserve to lose. only class this really doesn't work for is operatives, and that's cause people couldn't accept the fact that if you lone wolf it an operative was designed to chew you apart.

Gidoru's Avatar


Gidoru
06.05.2012 , 05:23 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by KBSIP View Post
once again sir I agree with you, who wants to time their abilities based on what they may be encountering? SAVE THAT CRAP FOR PVE. we're redblooded PVP'ers and we like to only care about our own cooldowns and taskbars, paying attention to enemy skillsets and rotations is for scrubs.
Fact. You can use abilities like Energy Shield and Saber Ward with little to no thought about rotation or use of enemy skills because they are long duration abilities that provide overall damage reduction and last for a good portion of a 1v1 fight.

Fact. You cannot use Evasion in the same because it is a very short duration ability and only helps you to survive agaisnt white damage.

Therefore it seems pretty reasonable to assume that since Evasion is more difficult to use, given that it requires proper timing and the user to pay specific attention to enemy ability use, it seems pretty safe to say that Evasion requires more skill from the user to use properly than other cooldowns and is not guranteed to avoid damage as another cooldown might.

Zilrota's Avatar


Zilrota
06.05.2012 , 05:26 PM | #165
Hello everyone.

We've removed a number of posts from this thread and would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.

While we encourage civil discussion and debate, we do ask that you are constructive and respectful in your posts. Please do not create posts calling other posters trolls or make rude posts attacking other posters because you disagree.

If you feel someone is violating the rules of conduct on the forums, please report the post using the report post function and do not reply to it. Replying to rule breaking posts only continues to disrupt the discussion and is not constructive.

Again, we encourage you to discuss and debate, but please refrain from flame wars, rude and insulting posts or calling others trolls. If this thread continues to be disruptive and not constructive, we will have to close it for discussion.

Thank you.

KBSIP's Avatar


KBSIP
06.05.2012 , 05:29 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidoru View Post
Fact. You can use abilities like Energy Shield and Saber Ward with little to no thought about rotation or use of enemy skills because they are long duration abilities that provide overall damage reduction and last for a good portion of a 1v1 fight.

Fact. You cannot use Evasion in the same because it is a very short duration ability and only helps you to survive agaisnt white damage.

Therefore it seems pretty reasonable to assume that since Evasion is more difficult to use, given that it requires proper timing and the user to pay specific attention to enemy ability use, it seems pretty safe to say that Evasion requires more skill from the user to use properly than other cooldowns and is not guranteed to avoid damage as another cooldown might.
Fact: energy shield only reduces 25% of incoming damage
Fact: evasion mitigates 100% of incoming ranged and melee attacks
Fact: since we're talking snipers here, snipers engage at range and are thus not subjected to very heavy damage from a pyro as there is only 1 real rotation at range (TD, inc missile, railshot, rapid shots filler). this entire rotation is heat intensive (16+25+8) and is on a 15 second cooldown if the PT gets rooted.
Fact: when approaching a ranged target pyros are subjected to far larger amounts of damage while attempting to mitigate enemy kiting abilities, hence the longer duration but lower reduction of energy shield.

Extrapolation: a sniper can pop evasion in a CQC fight with the pyro and be pretty much guaranteed to mitigate a railshot if they pop it after a rocket punch, as that is the highest proc rate ability. this requires very little thought and comes down to simple reflexes of recognizing the RP and popping evasion. Similarly a pyro can pop energy shield whenever they are attacked and mitigate a portion of incoming damage over the duration. Neither ability requires skill to be useful, but both require skill to be optimally used.


simple concept for game mechanics: easy to learn, hard to master.

Gidoru's Avatar


Gidoru
06.05.2012 , 05:39 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by KBSIP View Post
Fact: energy shield only reduces 25% of incoming damage
Fact: evasion mitigates 100% of incoming ranged and melee attacks
Fact. Energy Shield reduces ALL incoming damage by 25% for 12 seconds.
Fact. Evasion mitigates 100% of ONLY ranged and melee damage for 3 seconds.

Fact. You can easily avoid using your ranged or melee ability on a cooldown for the 3 seconds of Evasion to finish in a fight.
Fact. You cannot avoid using your abilities or cooldowns for 12 seconds in a fight agaisnt a Powertech.

DimeStax's Avatar


DimeStax
06.05.2012 , 05:39 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by KBSIP View Post
You seem to be the one making baseless claims.

as to when to use your evasion, there are two big tells for burster phases. there's the opener which will have you get lit up with inc missile, letting you know the first railshot is incoming along with the thermal detonator, and then if you notice the lack of burst form them for a bit they're probably waiting for the cooldown on railshot to die to chain two procs, in which case you pop evasion after the first railshot, mitigating the rocket punch follow up ( I do believe RP is calculated as melee and not tech, but not positive) and also mitigating the second, procced railshot.

this is, of course, if you don't simply knock back the pyro and root him with legshot, disabling his ability to proc railshots by pushing him past the 10 meter threshold for flame burst.

also, if you're a marksmen you have a talented ability that reduces accuracy of target by 45% for 20 seconds, and a passive that lets you retain 20% extra ranged defense when you leave cover, allowing you to effectively pop in-and-out for the duration of the debuff. if he pulls you in with grapply, cover, pop the KB, hit with instant procced snipe, followthrough, 1 sec shorter channeled ambush as he attempts to re-engage for EXTRA knockback, hit with flashbang, hit with root. nice heavy damage dealer phase right there.

really there's no excuse for a sniper losing to a pyro unless they get caught dead-to-rights flatfooted, but if you're caught flat on your *** by any class you deserve to lose. only class this really doesn't work for is operatives, and that's cause people couldn't accept the fact that if you lone wolf it an operative was designed to chew you apart.
If you're a PT Pyro and you're not using LoS against an MM Sniper then you may want to rethink you're strategy. 1v1 in warzones a good PT Pyro will be using LOS on an MM Sniper and the Sniper will never be able to get into their damage rotation. I know this because I unspecced my Gunslinger's Sharpshooter spec and switched into Dirty Fighting precisely because there were a lot of PT Pyros effectively using LOS and their instant cast abilities to deal damage to me and almost completely keep me from dealing damage to them. In an open field, sure we have a chance, but in an open field in a Sniper's killzone no one is really hard to kill. In real game scenarios though a PT Pyro using the course around him will treat an MM Sniper like a bad joke.

KBSIP's Avatar


KBSIP
06.05.2012 , 05:42 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidoru View Post
Fact. Energy Shield reduces ALL incoming damage by 25% for 12 seconds.
Fact. Evasion mitigates 100% of ONLY ranged and melee damage for 3 seconds.

Fact. You can easily avoid using your ranged or melee ability on a cooldown for the 3 seconds of Evasion to finish in a fight.
Fact. You cannot avoid using your abilities or cooldowns for 12 seconds in a fight agaisnt a Powertech.
an 100% mitigated attack is useless, a 25% mitigated attack can still do significant damage. your two little facts at the beginning are redundant and exactly what I said, so I wonder why you felt it necessary to reiterate them uness you couldn't understand.

also, we're talking about 1 3 second cooldown + 1 20% DR cooldown for snipers (the shield dome) + 1 talented 45% enemy accuracy debuff cooldown + the passive defense bonuses of cover and the benefits of being at ranged.

KBSIP's Avatar


KBSIP
06.05.2012 , 05:43 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by DimeStax View Post
If you're a PT Pyro and you're not using LoS against an MM Sniper then you may want to rethink you're strategy. 1v1 in warzones a good PT Pyro will be using LOS on an MM Sniper and the Sniper will never be able to get into their damage rotation. I know this because I unspecced my Gunslinger's Sharpshooter spec and switched into Dirty Fighting precisely because there were a lot of PT Pyros effectively using LOS and their instant cast abilities to deal damage to me and almost completely keep me from dealing damage to them. In an open field, sure we have a chance, but in an open field in a Sniper's killzone no one is really hard to kill. In real game scenarios though a PT Pyro using the course around him will treat an MM Sniper like a bad joke.
but I dont WANT to use line of sight, just like players dont WANT to keep pyros more than 10 meters away. just because there's a strategy that works doesn't mean I can't QQ about it, because obviously if that were the case this entire thread wouldn't exist.