Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game turning off without warning/error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game turning off without warning/error

elelr
12.18.2011 , 11:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinediks View Post
There are a few threads about this problem. One is almost 40 pages long with 17k views on the first page here. You're pretty much screwed and trying a number of different ways to fix the problem doesn't do anything except make you more aggravated. Bioware released a small patch and some people reported less game crashes. But some people got them more often (me). I haven't been able to play more than 5-10 minutes at a time for the last 2 days.
Yeah just seen that. Cheers anyway. I see BioWare are treating everyone like idiots telling them to update DirectX and Graphic Drivers. /sigh

Kinediks
12.18.2011 , 12:51 PM | #12
Next they'll ask to make sure you meet minimum requirements, and to make sure your video card isn't installed upside down

Zepath
12.18.2011 , 12:53 PM | #13
Yeah, the good news is, I'm not seeing as many "black screen of death" crashes .... but now, the game just stops running and dumps me at the deskstop screen.

Mind you, this game ran almost perfectly for me during beta (even during the stress tests) ... so don't tell me I don't have the gear.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Coeru
12.18.2011 , 12:58 PM | #14
This happened alot and it happened 6-8 times to me last night. I finally started a new chat on a dif server as mine consistently had a 30 min queue. I thought it was my drivers, but i cant try it out cuz I decided to delete my old launcher and start with a clean install, and now it wont launch. There must be some reason this happens. My whole puter shuts down, mostly durring videos and such but at times it seems random.