Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game turning off without warning/error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game turning off without warning/error

elelr
12.18.2011 , 10:53 AM | #1
Game has been running fine since I started, but I just had it shut-down. Wasn't doing anything major, my character was just running around the Imperial Fleet. No, I didn't Alt+F4 either, it literally just closed with no warning/error message. Not helped with the fact I now have to sit in a 4 hour queue to get back in!

Has anyone else had this problem?

elelr
12.18.2011 , 10:57 AM | #2
bump.

elelr
12.18.2011 , 11:00 AM | #3
Anyone?

Amellia
12.18.2011 , 11:05 AM | #4
For 3rd time today, server kick me out, with no error, nothing and just put me in QUEUE !!!!! 1000 place !!! Guys from BIOWARE are u serious? You make random kick? Ok give my money back and i leave.. this is no game to enjoy, is a game to break the nerves.. Something more if this continue to exist at launch day i want every hour i loose in Queue, to returned to me in time. when we agreed with the terms did not write anywhere that we will pay you in order to sit in Queue !! I think a lot ppls here agree with me..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...935#post453935

elelr
12.18.2011 , 11:16 AM | #5
I didn't just get kicked out, though that's still an obvious problem for many, my game just closed completely.

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 11:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Amellia View Post
For 3rd time today, server kick me out, with no error, nothing and just put me in QUEUE !!!!! 1000 place !!! Guys from BIOWARE are u serious? You make random kick? Ok give my money back and i leave.. this is no game to enjoy, is a game to break the nerves.. Something more if this continue to exist at launch day i want every hour i loose in Queue, to returned to me in time. when we agreed with the terms did not write anywhere that we will pay you in order to sit in Queue !! I think a lot ppls here agree with me..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...935#post453935
Calm down. There is no conspiracy. They havent implemented any random kick features.

There could be a multitude of reasons why it's kicking you.

If you want help, calm down, and post your details rationally.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 11:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by elelr View Post
I didn't just get kicked out, though that's still an obvious problem for many, my game just closed completely.
Could you post your dxdiag log? Also, when your game closes, check your processes tab on your task manager, and see if theres anything unusual there.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

elelr
12.18.2011 , 11:22 AM | #8
Not sure if this is right, but there we go. Couldn't notice anything out of the ordinary in Processes.

Spoiler

elelr
12.18.2011 , 11:32 AM | #9
Bump. No-one else?

Kinediks
12.18.2011 , 11:37 AM | #10
There are a few threads about this problem. One is almost 40 pages long with 17k views on the first page here. You're pretty much screwed and trying a number of different ways to fix the problem doesn't do anything except make you more aggravated. Bioware released a small patch and some people reported less game crashes. But some people got them more often (me). I haven't been able to play more than 5-10 minutes at a time for the last 2 days.