Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icysunx
06.04.2012 , 04:32 PM | #51
Hmm, Coming some time this year will probably mean christmas

Lets not also forget how exciting 1.2 is going to be when they release all of that as well. Seems like another tactic to get more people to join again only to be dissapointed.

iHover
06.04.2012 , 04:35 PM | #52
BW doesnt do the whole think ahead thing. I wouldnt count on anything until they actualy release it. Remember ranked WZ's in 1.2. Another thing that doesnt pass the smell test is that all this is happening after the mass layoffs. BW moved at the speed of smell before they started handing out pink slips. How fast can they be now?
This is just more half cocked throw handfuls of **** against the wall and see if anything sticks decision making.

What do you call 200 layed off BW employees, A good start.

gurugeorge
06.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #53
It's lipstick on a pig.

Content is always welcome, and it looks cool and everything, but the game has serious population problems that need urgent attention yesterday. Also nonsense like "vibrant community" (spoken by the presenter at E3) is an insult to the people who are struggling on dead servers.

A level cap raise after 10 months is ludicrous. You're only going to alienate players who have already ground for their present gear. They weren't looking for more grind, they were looking for meaningful endgame to show their gear off in.

Cathars as a playable race is also a joke - cat heads on more standard 1-4 humanoid bodies? What rubbish.

The space game needs a complete overhaul so it's multiplayer, another mission type is nice but does nothing to actually improve the quality of the space content.

Frankly, this announcement, or rather, the hubris with which it was presented, disgusts me. I used to be a fan of BW, but ever since DA2 and ME2 the name "BioWare" has been sinking fast in my estimation - and if I'm not mistaken, in the estimation of many other gamers.

I won't be renewing my sub at the end of the current month.

rykiana-ferina
06.04.2012 , 04:37 PM | #54
Have to admit after watching the video and reading the comments, im looking forward to the new content, especially a new playable planet....but ....

I'm left wondering if this is just the smallest glimpse of a major future update, that might possibly maybe bring a new chapter to all classes ?
Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter

DarKenigma
06.04.2012 , 04:39 PM | #55
I think it looks great and all and I really hate to be one of those guys....but, I truly think it is too early for a level increase. Right now the biggest complaint is lack of end game content, so now you will create another tier that will in all likelyhood have less endgame content than we currently have. So after the mad dash to 55 or 60, what then. within days after release half the population will be maxed and have only what one heroic and one operation to grind through. I'm very scared.
Now your dumb, ugly and dead

JohnRoy
06.04.2012 , 04:41 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by gurugeorge View Post
It's lipstick on a pig.

Content is always welcome, and it looks cool and everything, but the game has serious population problems that need urgent attention yesterday. Also nonsense like "vibrant community" (spoken by the presenter at E3) is an insult to the people who are struggling on dead servers.

A level cap raise after 10 months is ludicrous. You're only going to alienate players who have already ground for their present gear. They weren't looking for more grind, they were looking for meaningful endgame to show their gear off in.

Cathars as a playable race is also a joke - cat heads on more standard 1-4 humanoid bodies? What rubbish.

The space game needs a complete overhaul so it's multiplayer, another mission type is nice but does nothing to actually improve the quality of the space content.

Frankly, this announcement, or rather, the hubris with which it was presented, disgusts me. I used to be a fan of BW, but ever since DA2 and ME2 the name "BioWare" has been sinking fast in my estimation - and if I'm not mistaken, in the estimation of many other gamers.

I won't be renewing my sub at the end of the current month.
Without a definitite ETA on the hood on/off toggle I am joining you out the door.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Vlado
06.04.2012 , 04:43 PM | #57
Though I am not playing that much,everything in the video looks good.Sadly I dont see anything about new features/gameplay.In other words I dont see any innovation, which is what is keeping me away from the game.Maybe its just me but i think Im getting tired of the MMO genre because most of them play the same way :/.

I didnt see anything about full 3D sapce combat,thats sad because the hopes of getting that feature its what keeps me paying for this game.

Anyways gratz Bio for the continuing development of the game,which is going on a very fast pace.You guys just need to think out of the box.

Chaad_Losan
06.04.2012 , 04:54 PM | #58
Ya know by now there would have been 876 posts to this story, had this been 3 months ago that is. This dead thread is indicative of the dead servers in the game. Really sad. They should not have taken on WoW directly. It was a dumb move in every way. Only Blizzard can kill WoW.

It's obvious they needed another year of development but of course there is no way EA would have allowed that. I hope the game is around long enough to see that one year anniversary. Maybe I'll check back at x-mas to see what has happened. But until then, I really have lost interest. Nice try BW. But in the end you only ended up looking like a WoW in space clone with ONE new unique (and really expensive) feature (conversations).

Good Luck.
I once had a cool sig. I erased it. I joined the forums in the first hour. My disappointment is epic.

Ansalem
06.04.2012 , 04:57 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by DarKenigma View Post
I think it looks great and all and I really hate to be one of those guys....but, I truly think it is too early for a level increase. Right now the biggest complaint is lack of end game content, so now you will create another tier that will in all likelyhood have less endgame content than we currently have. So after the mad dash to 55 or 60, what then. within days after release half the population will be maxed and have only what one heroic and one operation to grind through. I'm very scared.
Yeah I'm a bit worried too the level cap increase has me worried the most because now once folks hit it they will have 1 thing to do like you said and no one is going to want to go back and clear the level 50 content. It just seems too soon for this especially since there are so many things still broken with the game. They should have broken down this update into a couple more patches...increasing the level cap in only 6-7 months seems way too soon to me. I also dislike how bioware is doing exactly what they claimed they wouldn't while in development. We are seeing the typical group of people swinging at 1 giant mob, the pvp has turned into chain stun, burn down in a stun wow pvp, and I don't feel heroic like bioware said I would. Isn't this Star Wars? where the heck is the war? all Im seeing is wow in space because imperial vs republic is overlooked and its turned into hey just like blizzard we can make up random stuff to make you waste your time and money banging on a mob for 3 hours before you call your raid and decide to play GW2.

alekszander
06.04.2012 , 05:00 PM | #60
People please stop blindly saying GJ, Yay, etc. I am as stout of a supporter of TOR as anyone else. As a matter of fact i have already committed next 3-5 years of my life to this game and i want to see it succeed. But this video was so "meh", and it seems to be continuing the tradition of Bioware making one step forward and then 1-2 steps back. While the video looked fantastic and i am extremely excited about the new Op, FP and the space mission, everything else is bad enough to raise a thought of caution in my head.

First the level cap. There is NO, and i mean NO need for raising the level cap before an actual expansion. If you read reactions anywhere else but here people are tearing this decision apart. At about this time next year, a 10 level cap would be fantastic. Before that its only going to give people a chance to complain even more about how BW is failing, blah, blah, etc.

Second is the new race. Cathar are probably the worst possible choice imaginable. I hated the 1 NPC encountered in the BH story. I dislike how they look, sound, act, and again i am far from the only one that feels this way. What happened to putting ANY other race that people actually want to play. You are saving the game and trying to strengthen it at same time. So dont make silly decisions like this. Poll the players, poll the general public if you have to. Find out what people want to play and put that in. Also please consider giving the game a little more authenticity. Mixing up quintessential races for each side ruins the idea and feel of this interstellar conflict of 2 sides. It makes the basic premise of Rep vs. Emp kind of pointless. That being said, maybe you should consider putting in 2 playable races, each being exclusive to their respective sides.

Adding on the race thing. If i remember correctly there was a community "poll" about which planets people want to see in game. Do this for races and stick to it. and i mean stick to it. Clearly my eyes were deceiving me while reading this poll because i read hundreds of replies saying Kuat, Mon Calamari, Dagobah, Dantoine, Bespin, etc, while that whole time people were actually asking for Makeb! Makeb that very important planet in the intergalactic conflict of SW that no one ever heard of and no one has any interest in. Listen, please. Listen to your community and actually show it. Because so far i haven't noticed so much of listening as i have of doing whatever you think is rtight . But hopefully enough people will feel the same way as me so you can remake that E3 trailer and put content that makes sense, content that will actually attract new players, SW fans, and old players back to this game. And on top of that, make us who still pay for it really want to get behind it.

Also consider Arenas (3 and 5 man and possibly RvR). This would add a new element of group composition, new strategies, and of course make pvpers very happy by allowing PvP-ers to earn bragging right across multiple servers. Last (for now) and far from least, add more than 1 space mission. Space Missions are a true hidden gem in this game but slowly they are becoming obsolete. Adding a mission or two with EACH major patch (make them a bit more complex or a tag team option!), better rewards such as more social items, easier acquisition of crafting mats and maybe more (actual gear, more ship parts, etc) would be just a few things out of many you can do to put Space Missions back on the map and make them an everyday part of the game, even for a hardcore raider such as myself.

I apologize for the length of the post, but i post so rarely that everything had to come out at once :P