Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

psi_overtake
06.10.2012 , 09:01 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrianna View Post
I adore the cathar!
Not greatly, but it does have some sway
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Sneakycheeks
06.10.2012 , 10:39 AM | #522
I didn't see anything about a new playable race in that E3 video and I watched it twice. So where did this stuff about the Cather being a new playable race come from?

Kharnis
06.10.2012 , 01:16 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneakycheeks View Post
I didn't see anything about a new playable race in that E3 video and I watched it twice. So where did this stuff about the Cather being a new playable race come from?
It was in the original video, but has (for whatever reason) been removed. It's also mentioned by Daniel Erickson in an interview with Darth Hater.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

mjmcooke
06.10.2012 , 02:53 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Yeah, yeah, Cathar...whatever.

The major news here is that my shadow will get to do the Star Wars kid move like every staff-wielding NPC in the game! Or am I the only one that thinks of the "Star Wars Kid" every time I see an NPC use Spinning Strikes?

Actually, what the shadow did in the video looks a lot better than Spinning Strikes. But I digress. Star Wars Kid!
I know, I was incredibly dissapointed when my Assassin hit 50 and still did not learn Spinning Strike. Such a cool looking move.

mjmcooke
06.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheldarr View Post
@ Rhodians as a voice acted race: Pretty sure they don't speak basic. Oota goota BW? so no worries there.

But...

Any word on more character slots??
Rodians can speak Basic if they choose to learn it. Many don't, but they can. Wookiees on the other hand lack the vocal structure to speak Basic or most any language but their own.

mourasantos
06.10.2012 , 06:40 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Fixed.
"fixed"? In your own delusional mind, maybe. Since when does an Ewok look like a cat?

Here, I'll make it easy for you: http://www.dogscostumesforsale.net/p...-dog-costume-2

sevalaricgirl
06.13.2012 , 12:09 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
It was in the original video, but has (for whatever reason) been removed. It's also mentioned by Daniel Erickson in an interview with Darth Hater.
It was also in the E3 demo. I watched all of E3. Fortunately, there are enough races in the game that I don't need to play a Cathar, don't like their look.

warcrafty
06.23.2012 , 03:42 AM | #528
Cathar shouldn't be able to be imperial because they hate the empire.

Styxx
06.23.2012 , 03:48 AM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by warcrafty View Post
Cathar shouldn't be able to be imperial because they hate the empire.
Assuming you are right and further assuming Bioware has gone this way, which is near impossible, as a new race is a selling point, so their best interest is to make it a choice AT LEAST one class per Faction, you can unlock it via Legacy.

The end result is the same: Cathar will be present Imp side as well.

DarthKhaos
06.23.2012 , 05:38 AM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by LordNyxus View Post
It is because BioWare is talking about adding more content when the content they have is broken. Space missions are fun in their own way, but they are useless. We want real space combat. Great ANOTHER new warzone when PvPers have been begging for Rated Warzones and Open-world PvP. Why are we doing warzones if they are meaningless? Yay! A new race! Yet many of the traditional races that Star Wars fans have loved for decades are not playable? Instead we get a CAT-har? Comic relief? The new OPs, sure for those who like them. But from what I hear the 3 already there do not work very well. I have yet to Actually finish one. I did finish a HM BT once. Don't care to do any others (why do I need Rakata gear?). Level Cap? Why does the introduction of a new planet mean that the planet's citizens are "naturally" more powerful than those on a previous planet? Can't you think of better incentives than "more powerful gear that makes the gear you have useless"? There are many reasons to complain about the direction BioWare is heading.
If someone referred to me as a gamer like you I'd feel insulted. You want "real space combat"? You do know that's practically coding for a whole new game? That crap takes time. You can't get that overnight. They ARE releasing Rated Warzones so what's your beef? Open World PvP? Why not go out and look for people? What was that? No incentive? Then you REALLY don't want Open World PvP. They decided to have the chars you play be able to speak galactic basic and not some weird alien language that woud be more annoying in the various cutscenes.

I can go on and on but it is clear you do not understand what the majority of the player base want by mentioning not giving them new shinny gear. Perhaps not just SW:TOR but MMOs in general is not for you.
=================================
F2P? NO THANKS
CANCELLED
=================================