Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cleet_Xia
06.08.2012 , 03:39 AM | #511
I love how people keep bringing up WoW as the game to beat. The IP is down to.....pandas? What are they going to release to sell their next expac, a playable species of fungus?

C'mon BW strains an eyelash making Cathar a playable species, and hoardes of cat people are eating it up. Hacks me off, they arn't adding something a little less human. But, it's something.

Soebody said it earlier, but did anyone notice there appeared to be only 5 players in that Op?
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Sauska
06.08.2012 , 04:18 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
I love how people keep bringing up WoW as the game to beat. The IP is down to.....pandas? What are they going to release to sell their next expac, a playable species of fungus?
Pandas are not so different from the kittens (aka Cathar) we're getting, if you ask me
The Borealis Legacy

Bluerodian
06.08.2012 , 10:48 AM | #513
What I find slightly comical is when Legacy was first announced, there was discussion on whether or not Bioware would put up species specifically through Legacy, creating the system of leveling a throw-away character just to play the species you want to play.

The general noise was that Bioware would never do something like that.

Funny how things work out.

About the same from the Beta Forums when people screamed that Bioware would never copy World of Warcraft. They would be making gameplay that was shiny and new. After the announcement there was a complete 180 saying that they were smart to copy World of Warcraft...said by the very same people.
Long time player of SWG from cradle to grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.

Referral Link! You know you want to click on it.

Chaad_Losan
06.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
Pandas are not so different from the kittens (aka Cathar) we're getting, if you ask me
Amen Brother! The Cathar race is a red herring. It's just there as a distraction to try to make you forget just how unfinished this game really is, and to try to keep you from pressing the unsubscribe button.

I would take pandas and pokemon over what TOR has become. Which is an endless PVP grind once you finish the story. After that nothing matters, not even crafting, except your valor level and metals to earn better gear.
I once had a cool sig. I erased it. I joined the forums in the first hour. My disappointment is epic.

psi_overtake
06.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaad_Losan View Post
Amen Brother! The Cathar race is a red herring. It's just there as a distraction to try to make you forget just how unfinished this game really is, and to try to keep you from pressing the unsubscribe button.
I think that they're a nice addition, and their inclusion doesn't greatly sway me one way or the other.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Flaraza
06.09.2012 , 08:22 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaad_Losan View Post
  1. Cathar are part of an expac, so being a normal subscriber isn't gonna get you it anyway.
  2. They are Cathar. Cat people. Its clearly not their intention to hook people in with cat people - worst bait EVER!
  3. While I'm at it; In what way are cats or cathar even remotely similar to pandas?

Sauska
06.10.2012 , 04:07 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaraza View Post
  1. While I'm at it; In what way are cats or cathar even remotely similar to pandas?
They're both cuddly species

On a more serious note, they're both species reminiscent of animals and part of the lore of both games. However, it wasn't my intention to derail this thread, I was merely trying to point out both choices of new race may be appealing to some and distasteful to others. One of the reasons I left WoW, aside from burning out on the game, is their plans for the panda expansion. Well, now I get kittens instead
The Borealis Legacy

mourasantos
06.10.2012 , 06:23 AM | #518
Most, if not all of Star Wars' species are "reminiscent" of animals.

Wookies and Ewoks = Dogs
Hutts = Slugs
Trandoshans= Lizards

etc...

Adrianna
06.10.2012 , 06:31 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
I think that they're a nice addition, and their inclusion doesn't greatly sway me one way or the other.
I adore the cathar!
banana

Jonoku
06.10.2012 , 07:38 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
Most, if not all of Star Wars' species are "reminiscent" of animals.

Wookies = Dogs
Ewoks = Cats
Hutts = Slugs
Trandoshans= Lizards

etc...
Fixed.