Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratatooey View Post
I'm not ready to quit the game or anything, but Cathat? Out of all the cool races in the game we get to play Thunder cats? Cathar are lame; just another cat person race like all the others in sci fi pulp since Amazing Stories. What about Ithorians? Rhodians? Nautilans? Voss?
Cathar was the most asked for near-human species (aside from Togruta). Voss didn't even make the list. Ithorians, rodians, wookiees, and other more non-human species will require their own storyline, according to BioWare, so look for those in the future.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

rahadnak
06.06.2012 , 02:03 PM | #482
so what about same gender relationships, no news about them yet??

Jakobpoop
06.06.2012 , 02:17 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
NICe!

New Sith gear looks really kool too.
is there new gear?

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 02:22 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakobpoop View Post
is there new gear?
Yep. For example, check out at 36 seconds. New Knight gear.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Jakobpoop
06.06.2012 , 02:26 PM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Yep. For example, check out at 36 seconds. New Knight gear.
cool, altough i play empire side so i have no clue how the knights armors look like. But that's one more thing to look forward to then

MdLogan
06.06.2012 , 05:25 PM | #486
It seems like there are some people who are complaining and some who are excited. I hope that when the update comes out most of the people will stop complaining for a while at least, because they are asking a lot of BW, who have done a very good job. I don't understand why people are getting all upset just because Cather were chosen above other species, or that they are bringing out a new space battle. These are amazing leaps and bounds in updates. Why are many people complaining?
Bioware great job!

HKtheindomitable
06.06.2012 , 05:50 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by MdLogan View Post
It seems like there are some people who are complaining and some who are excited. I hope that when the update comes out most of the people will stop complaining for a while at least, because they are asking a lot of BW, who have done a very good job. I don't understand why people are getting all upset just because Cather were chosen above other species, or that they are bringing out a new space battle. These are amazing leaps and bounds in updates. Why are many people complaining?
Bioware great job!
Answer: Because they're little kids who expect everything to be given to them all at once and don't understand/take into account how things work. It's been the same with Starcraft 2. Everyone expects the game to work in their favor forgetting that that's NOT how things work. They also expect it to be at Brood War level at release. It's NEVER going to happen. EVER. That's the dumbest and worst expectation to have, of all time.

Agreement: BW has done a phenomenal job with this game. I say keep up the great work and continue to thrive.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

MdLogan
06.06.2012 , 05:55 PM | #488
Yah, sorry to hear that. i wish more people would see that. Good job explaining it.

Flaraza
06.06.2012 , 06:38 PM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Cathar was the most asked for near-human species (aside from Togruta). Voss didn't even make the list. Ithorians, rodians, wookiees, and other more non-human species will require their own storyline, according to BioWare, so look for those in the future.
So Togruta was asked for more? - where can i get this information?
And why wasn't Togruta the new race then?
I don't mean to complain, but Cathar don't sound great - haven't come across any Cathar fans (Togruta is my most awaited race personally).
I'm happy with the update, just a bit suprised about this one thing.

Although, I'm more concerned about what people who want to change appearance/race have to do - since we may have high levels we don't want to redo.

FailTrain
06.06.2012 , 06:48 PM | #490
I love all these WoW fans with an agenda cryin about how Bioware isnt doing enough (If you dont know **** about programming stop *****in bout how fast they should be releasing stuff, Warcraft wasnt perfected in 6 months either. that **** takes dozens of people a grip of man hours... and money). They've been adding new **** every couple weeks, and we get a new level cap and race only 6 months after the game came out (which we dont have to pay for by the way) GO BIOWARE GO!!