Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
06.04.2012 , 03:59 PM | #31
As George Takei would say - "Oh my!" That's certainly a nice announcement to see on a Monday afternoon.

Cathar Bounty Hunter or Sith? Yes please - I'm totally gonna hold off playing mine now.
New planet? How could I not be down?
HK-51? You're damn straight!

But the best part...

New level cap... could that mean.... more story? BOO-YAH! I'm so down!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Kharnis
06.04.2012 , 03:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnSkylar View Post
I've never really understood why the powers that be chose to name a race after a famous anti-Catholic heresy from the middle ages.

I also have never really gotten why it is that this heresy-named race is a bunch of cat people.

But they look cool so I'm not complaining!

Hopefully the first xpac will let us sit in chairs.
Bioware didn't give the Cathar their name. Dark Horse Comics did, with their "Tales of the Jedi" series.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

SentinelDranoel
06.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #33
Bah, you got a lot of work to do to turn me back into a fanboy. I hope Dragon Age 3 comes out next year.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

JacenHallis
06.04.2012 , 04:02 PM | #34
Yeah, yeah, Cathar...whatever.

The major news here is that my shadow will get to do the Star Wars kid move like every staff-wielding NPC in the game! Or am I the only one that thinks of the "Star Wars Kid" every time I see an NPC use Spinning Strikes?

Actually, what the shadow did in the video looks a lot better than Spinning Strikes. But I digress. Star Wars Kid!
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

GorZie
06.04.2012 , 04:05 PM | #35
1 new race! Wow you guys are damn slow!
Okay I wait if there's more news to come this week, but by the looks I'm gone soon.

Anvil
06.04.2012 , 04:06 PM | #36
New content is always welcome, I look forward to it. A new race is welcome, not real pleased that BW is still not giving us more distinct races from the star wars IP when there are so very many iconic races to choose from, Cathar would not have been my first choice, but it's better than nothing. I hope we get additional character slots to accomidate new toons. pretty happy about the level cap increase.
The Earthshaker Legacy - Dalborra
SWTOR won't truly represent the spirit of Star Wars until numerous iconic star wars non-human alien species are playable.

JohnSkylar
06.04.2012 , 04:08 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
Bioware didn't give the Cathar their name. Dark Horse Comics did, with their "Tales of the Jedi" series.
I know..."powers that be," you'll note. Not Bioware.
House Arn on Lord Adraas. Currently composed of Tyfe (a Jedi Sentinel) , Wilfryd (a luckless roustabout Scoundrel), Erryl (a Trooper who eats his chunky soup and defends his Republic), and Therys (a mean old Sith Sorc with a meaner past).
If I sound like a jerk, I probably just think I'm being funny. Humor me

UltimateKrucible
06.04.2012 , 04:10 PM | #38
HOT DAMN that trailer looks good.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Kharnis
06.04.2012 , 04:12 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnSkylar View Post
I know..."powers that be," you'll note. Not Bioware.
Whoops. I could have sworn I'd read "Bioware" in your post. My apologies, mate. Apparently, I didn't get anywhere near enough caffeine in me as I'd thought this morning.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

Maccaz
06.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #40
All the new content looks sweet as fook.

Looking forward to the new planet the most.
C E User

Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare, all your sins punished? I can offer you…an escape