Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Redamo
06.04.2012 , 06:34 PM | #111
Nothing about PvP other than another warzone has me disappointed. I was also hoping for something major in space instead of missions. Looks like decent PVE content. Surprised no new gear brought up for the new operation.

Styxx
06.04.2012 , 06:37 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post

Pro tip: at 0:22 there's more than one boss during the fight.

I don't understand why people think because Bioware says once that fighting a single enemy isn't heroic that people expect 99% of boss fights to consist of more than one enemy.
http://i.imgur.com/Yc6so.jpg

Because many of the not so popular design choices and selling points, were advertised as innovation. Namely, raid overhaul where they hinted at a break from the common model.

Deewe
06.04.2012 , 06:39 PM | #113
I'm sorry didn't know you were George Lucas and can immediately decide if something is Star Warsy or not, but I should check my memory because 0:22 and 0:51 look like droids. That seems Star Warsy to me. .
Yup droids, but droids that look like coming from another IP.

IJudging from the title "Terror from Beyond" and the many areas of mid hyperspace we can assume this something from "Beyond" as in another galaxy that the game hints to so often. And the fact that this is a GALAXY where y'know an abundance of alien species can exist. TOR takes place fairly early in the SW universe where most of the galaxy is still undiscovered. So running into an unknown isn't uncommon.
Fair enough would they have depleted the iconic species.

Pro tip: at 0:22 there's more than one boss during the fight.

I don't understand why people think because Bioware says once that fighting a single enemy isn't heroic that people expect 99% of boss fights to consist of more than one enemy.
People expect most boss fight being heroic, not boss kiting.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

psi_overtake
06.04.2012 , 06:41 PM | #114
The g/f and I are really liking the preview! Hope it comes out sometime before Autumn
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Murder_Toys
06.04.2012 , 06:43 PM | #115
... yeah this is all good but Coughs ,, Server Transfer now!

Sammm
06.04.2012 , 06:50 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by WoodChipper View Post
Do remember that this stuff will be spread out over several patches and there is no timetable on any of it besides it coming out in the next year. Level cap could easily be happening in 2013.
Coming this year (2012).

TpaulH
06.04.2012 , 06:51 PM | #117
This new content is exciting to me, but I feel like... well, like it's just like any other MMO. Increase the level cap, add a new raid, a new mini-game (space combat mission), a new race. Where's the innovation?

I thoroughly enjoy TOR and am having a blast playing it. When they said that they had something really exciting planned for space combat, I freaked. I LOVE space combat, but was constantly hoping they'd do more with it. I'm hoping they didn't just mean a new mission. Sure, it's cool and all, but "exciting"? Not really. I'm hoping for some co-op space combat or other such overhauls to it. That would be brilliant.

As for the new race, I'd have to say I'm not interested. I've really been looking forward to something like Nautolans (my number one choice), Togruta, or Calamarians. All of which have skins in-game, just like the Cathar. I'm just not a fan of Cathar, but certainly some people are. Here's hoping for some more races added in the future, especially one of the three I named.

Also, the new planet. It's cool that they're adding something new, but apparently they polled the community about what planet they wanted to see? I'd really like to see more stuff like that, poll the community about what planet, what new race, that they want to see, and then give us what is most highly voted. It's a much better strategy than assuming you know what we want without asking.

So, I have mixed feelings about the new content. It looks great, and new content is always exciting to me in a game I consider really fun and exciting. But I also feel like it's not anything that I really want. It's just some stuff the developers thought would be cool and threw in without asking what the public thinks. I'd really love to see more community interaction. This is STAR WARS we're talking about, with a huge license and huge fanbase. It's not Warcraft or Final Fantasy or Guild Wars where you can just make up what you want and give the community what you want because you decide what the community gets. This is an established license with hugely rich lore and all kinds of fantastic options for planets, races, classes, encounters, etc. It would be really great to communicate with the community more.

Also, a little anecdote on raising the level cap - not excited. But then, I don't really get excited about level-cap raising, unless it's done across very large spans of time. It makes previous content redundant more often than not, and the higher the level cap rises, the more difficult it is for new players to get into the endgame content. Just some things to think about. With STORY being what was the huge selling point for the game in the first place, I'd think that the STORY would be the thing that would be expanded first and foremost. That's what I want MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. More story. Continue the class stories please. That is the biggest and most unique part of this game, that truly makes it a gem. Everything else, to me, is standard MMO fare with a Star Wars flavoring. The story is the big gem in this game. I think, Bioware, that this is what you need to be focusing on first and foremost, and what I think the majority of players really want to see. Maybe take a poll?

Good luck with the game, Bioware. I look forward to seeing what comes next, and will continue playing for the foreseeable future. Thank you for this gem, Bioware. My one request from all of this is that you listen to the community and interact with them. They can make your game great.

psi_overtake
06.04.2012 , 07:15 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by TpaulH View Post
Not really. I'm hoping for some co-op space combat or other such overhauls to it. That would be brilliant.
That would be VERY awesome!!!

I'm just not a fan of Cathar, but certainly some people are.
I'm a fan of them, and so is the g/f

With STORY being what was the huge selling point for the game in the first place, I'd think that the STORY would be the thing that would be expanded first and foremost. That's what I want MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. More story. Continue the class stories please. That is the biggest and most unique part of this game, that truly makes it a gem.
100% agreed there. Story (and VO) is what kept me attached to the game. It's what got the g/f to try the game and stick with it (her first MMO ever), and it'll be what gets her brother hooked as well. It's the reason why I level alts, which keeps me from being bored at level 50 for months on end. The story is the best part and I hope to see much much more done with it
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

xorcist
06.04.2012 , 07:21 PM | #119
Yeah! Cathar as a playable race. You go Boi!!
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Tarn_Sirun
06.04.2012 , 07:22 PM | #120
Take a look at some of the exciting new content that will be coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in the coming months, including new Space Combat missions, a new Operation, a brand new planet, called Makeb for you and your friends to explore, and more!

Watch Now
so in july SWTOR will copy world of warcraft yet again F2P up to level 15.... smart