Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem and Augment Kit Mats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem and Augment Kit Mats

Nekropolis
06.04.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1
So I know that Biochem won't be able to make augment kits. But its never been quite clear if Biochem can RE anything for the materials that make augment kits. I've read that stims and medpacks won't, and that makes sense. What about implants though? I believe I read that RE items that could crit and get an augment slot will give augment kit materials. If that is the case, then Biochemists should be able to RE green implants for mats and then either sell them or have a friend make the kits.

Anyone heard anything else about this?

Nekropolis
06.06.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
Has anyone been on the PTS and able to confirm if Biochemists can RE implants for Augment Kit materials?

MouldyCrow
06.20.2012 , 06:37 PM | #3
Anyone know?

Seront
06.21.2012 , 10:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
Anyone know?
I have a Biochem on the PTS so I went ahead and tried it. I made some level 45 green implants, reverse engineered them and received "Augmentation Slot Component MK-5." Yaay! I was concerned about this too, since I'm sure I'm going to want all my slots on day one.

Also, for the sake of science I reverse engineered one of my companion's old crafted Columi implants. It produced an MK-6 slot component. A lot of people were claiming that pre-existing items wouldn't work, and I claimed I thought that they would. Nice to know I was right. =)

I don't have the time or energy to do this with screenshots, so, trust me or not, it's up to you. =) Regardless, thank you for reminding me that it's something I should check. I'm happy with the result.

Mozivicus
06.21.2012 , 03:49 PM | #5
Does this mean that cyber techs can do the same with their crafted earpieces?

Fighterfaen
01.27.2013 , 03:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
I have a Biochem on the PTS so I went ahead and tried it. I made some level 45 green implants, reverse engineered them and received "Augmentation Slot Component MK-5." Yaay! I was concerned about this too, since I'm sure I'm going to want all my slots on day one.

Also, for the sake of science I reverse engineered one of my companion's old crafted Columi implants. It produced an MK-6 slot component. A lot of people were claiming that pre-existing items wouldn't work, and I claimed I thought that they would. Nice to know I was right. =)

I don't have the time or energy to do this with screenshots, so, trust me or not, it's up to you. =) Regardless, thank you for reminding me that it's something I should check. I'm happy with the result.
Can people with the Biochem skill create complete augmentation kits, or only slot components? How does this work? I have biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy. Can I make a complete kit?

wainot-keel
01.27.2013 , 06:20 AM | #7
No. Only Armstech, Armomech and Synthweaving can make the actual kits for an augment slot. All the professions can make the kit components though

Jayshames
01.27.2013 , 10:14 AM | #8
7 month resurrection, just sayin'

Holinyx
01.27.2013 , 12:09 PM | #9
who only has one crafter? /boggle
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.