Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Sarfux
06.03.2012 , 08:14 PM | #21
I know all you guys in here who are swirling your brandy right now HOPING it is an announcement for f2p so you can FINALLY get it out and say that "SEE I KNEW IT!!!? SEE I WAS RIGHT!!".

sorry buddies...the game is never going to be f2p. Maybe a trial free to play to a certain level. But will NOT be totally free to play I'll tell you that right now.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

monkgryphon
06.03.2012 , 08:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
I know all you guys in here who are swirling your brandy right now HOPING it is an announcement for f2p so you can FINALLY get it out and say that "SEE I KNEW IT!!!? SEE I WAS RIGHT!!".

sorry buddies...the game is never going to be f2p. Maybe a trial free to play to a certain level. But will NOT be totally free to play I'll tell you that right now.
They already announced they're working on a permanent trial system that will be around everyday, but just locked at a certain level.

tloops
06.03.2012 , 08:17 PM | #23
OP is wrong..anouncement is for the new game ...not TOR
TOR...the best single player game on the market

Ganrax
06.03.2012 , 08:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post

I'd never hope that the game is going F2P, F2P games are more expensive for my play style than P2P MMOs(I spent more on AoC playing it for a month after it went "F2P" than I ever did playing it while it was P2P). You better believe if this game's population keeps dropping like it is they will take a page from Turbine and go F2P to save what is left of the game and try to keep making money.

Frankt
06.03.2012 , 08:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tloops View Post
lol its not even related to TOR..its a completley new starwars game
You don't go to the biggest gaming convention there is with no new information or hype about your game. Even blizzard will be there hyping something new about the Panda.

Lt_Latency
06.03.2012 , 08:19 PM | #26
I would think they best thing would be an expansions. Even if it way to early to start talking about it.

People are worried about the future of the game right now. If they game out and said yes, We are dumping the the resources into a full x-pac people could hope again

tloops
06.03.2012 , 08:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankt View Post
You don't go to the biggest gaming convention there is with no new information or hype about your game. Even blizzard will be there hyping something new about the Panda.
the commercials have been hyping the NEW starwars game...never did it say TOR...of course bioware will be there to tell you transfers/1.3 are coming...but who didnt know that
TOR...the best single player game on the market

Sarkos
06.03.2012 , 08:21 PM | #28
Lets remember some of the '' hints '' that some of the devs gave us a few months back. Lets also place thoses '' speculations '' in a priority order :

- New playble species ( hinted a while back, confirmed for this year ) = very likely

- Merging 1.3 and 1.4 into a single '' Mega Patch '' = very lilely for the simple reason to create hype and bring some people back in the game.

- Official Server Transfer release date = very likely

- Vital information on the Mega Servers project = likely

- Vital information on the so-called Secret Space Project = likely

- Roadmap for the next year ( patches content 1.5 and after) = unlikely but still possible

- Expansion Pack = very unlikely

- Star Wars : The Old Republic going Free to Play = Impossible while EA draws breath
- '' I suggest a new strategy, Ray. Let EA win. ''

tausser
06.03.2012 , 08:26 PM | #29
Unicorns ... and rainbows ... and long walks on the beach ... and ...

Gungan
06.03.2012 , 08:30 PM | #30
Why do people think EA won't make SWTOR F2P? They made Warhammer Online F2P.