Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gravity Uniformity

SNCommand
06.04.2012 , 06:50 AM | #11
My guess? It's because of either the Infinite Empire or the Gree again. Apparently those species used all their time creating galactic anomalies and making sure that all sentient species were humanoid.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Fyurii
06.05.2012 , 11:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well being fair, they did have breath masks which gave them air. Now..as to why they didn't freeze to death, then I got nothing. I mean unless the worm was warm enough to heat its own body, to keep itself from freezing it space that could be a possibility.
It would take a fair amount of time to freeze to death in space.
The only way for heat to be lost is through radiation, which is one of the biggest problems of space craft/suits/stations etc.
You'll suffocate long before freezing to death.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Stephenjdoug
06.06.2012 , 03:44 AM | #13
im going to go ahead and say TitusVorenus has it all down, and that was enough for me

Oronoco
06.06.2012 , 10:05 AM | #14
I always figured their was different gravity on other planets that were inhospitable.
Or they just weren't worth going to in a game, because of their inconsistency from the normal environment meant they didn't have much story happening on them.

Like how Hoth was deserted and they used it as a rebel base.
Or how Tatooine was barren and boring so finding Anakin there was a big deal.

Also its worth noticing that a lot of the locations are called [cool name] [insert number] moon/planet, in the [other weird name] system
For example:
Tython is one of nine colonized planets in the Tython system. the gravity is probably negligibly different at each and if there are other non-colonized planets in the system they would likely have a large range of gravity

Wolfninjajedi
06.06.2012 , 10:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
It would take a fair amount of time to freeze to death in space.
The only way for heat to be lost is through radiation, which is one of the biggest problems of space craft/suits/stations etc.
You'll suffocate long before freezing to death.
Ya I know, but they had air and how long would it take someone to freeze to death without a suit? Though...they weren't outside of the falcon for very long, even so though.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Natharious
06.06.2012 , 10:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by wesmarshall View Post
One of the things I find that makes the planets seem sterile is the lack of gravity difference between them. I mean, Nar Shaada is a moon, shouldn't we be leaping 20 feet vert? And Tattooine is so massive, wouldn't the gravity there be higher? But then again in the films we never see a gravity difference; but this is due to the prohibitive cost of filming extra terrestrially, and not necessarily by any fault of Mr. lucas.
Terraforming.

[Link]
Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony
sohsoo.swtorhosting.com
Spark of Hope Council | Smuggler Officer
~ Marik Vash ~

Fyurii
06.06.2012 , 12:12 PM | #17
Ya I know, but they had air and how long would it take someone to freeze to death without a suit? Though...they weren't outside of the falcon for very long, even so though.
Space suits aren't for staying warm, they're for staying cool whilst keeping you safe from the vacuum of space.
They're so bulky and spacious to keep you from over heating.
________║≤o≥║___________

Wolfninjajedi
06.06.2012 , 12:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Space suits aren't for staying warm, they're for staying cool whilst keeping you safe from the vacuum of space.
They're so bulky and spacious to keep you from over heating.
Ok so burning up then.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

DrPhilBradley
06.06.2012 , 07:05 PM | #19
First of all, you're really comparing apples to oranges when complaining that physics in another universe are not the same as ours. Let me start off by saying that if you support superstring theory, each universe has its own set of rules. Because there are an infinite number of universes, there is a very real possibility that there exists a "Star Wars" universe.

In Star Wars' universe, we can probably assume that they have the ability to manipulate gravity. Given this, the beings there have probably altered the gravity of all planets to be the same. After all, they do have the ability to stop light and form a blade with it.

Fyurii
06.07.2012 , 10:26 AM | #20
Ok so burning up then.
Without a space suit, they'd only start to "burn up" if in direct sunlight.
Outside of it, they'd slowly radiate their body heat. The greater likelihood is that they'd suffocate before freezing (through radiation of body heat and made sure any orifices were closed), if they hadn't been inside the giant space worm thing.
Really, they should have thought something was wrong when they weren't sucked out into space when the door opened.
________║≤o≥║___________