Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

amnie
06.04.2012 , 03:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
It's not a graphical issue. This game is getting slower, with every major patch.

My computer has been upgraded from a Single-core CPU to a double-core over the course of my sub; the graphics card also saw a replacement.

But the load times are getting slower and slower as the patches keep coming.

Someone in the development department is screwing something up, because it ain't the playerbase.
yeah, I upgraded to a dual core aswell and bought more RAM,, saw some definite improvement - for a while. now I'm back to where I started (which is sad because I could play FFXIV on highest settings .before. I upgraded my system and that game has much much much much much much better graphics than TOR)

DiabloDoom
06.04.2012 , 04:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Honestly if the textures of the game get even more nerfed ("stylized") I can as well go back to PS2 gaming...
He's asking for a lower option, not to make it lower overall.

Sammm
06.04.2012 , 04:10 AM | #23
I don't remember when and where exactly I heard about it but I know that they'll implement a new lower graphic option. I think it was during the SWTOR MCM Expo Panel. Could someone else confirm?

AuckaLukaum
06.04.2012 , 05:59 AM | #24
I seriously doubt anyone who says they are/have been playing this game on a single-core system. Single core processors have been obsolete for over 10 years, and even dual cores are very close close to that point. A single core processor computer can barely handle a modern desktop web browser or PDF file.

The "standard" today is a quad core, although 6 and 8 core machines are starting to become more common.

Besides which, load times are largely driven on our end by hard drive speed. If you are using an old IDE platter (also obsolete), you are going to see ridiculously long load times. A modern 7600rpm SATA II hard drive (standard, not exceptional) will give you marked improvement. An SSD upgrade would reduce load times to almost nil (assuming the rest of your board was up to date and can handle the data transfer speed).

As it stands now, the load time can be pretty long, and fairly aggravating, even on a standard to above average modern computer. But I don't believe for a minute that anyone is or has been playing this game at any time on a single core machine. And if you are, you have no right to complain. A single core computer is worth literally $2.50. Spend another $5 and buy yourself an obsolete dual core, where you'll at least get 10fps and might actually have a SATA hard drive interface.

Denyus
06.04.2012 , 06:11 AM | #25
If you can't run the game on minimum then honestly you should concider upgrading your hardware...
Captain Vincenth McKinley <Mutiny>
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU

FalcoLombardi
06.04.2012 , 06:39 AM | #26
Is your computer in power save mode? I ran at about 10-15 FPS all the time until I realized this and put it in high performance mode. Game runs great now
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

WoodChipper
06.04.2012 , 07:42 AM | #27
the settings on very low are like ps2 as it is
http://woodenfilms.webs.com/apps/videos/ -------- Wanna see epic online videos? This is the hot spot!

Crawelc
06.04.2012 , 07:47 AM | #28
Yeah I dont have a link but in that MCM Expo, It was said that they know some people have a spouse etc that probably has the lower end computer in the house and they want to make it easier for them to get into the game. That was a terrible quote but I think I got the jist of it in there.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Eillack
06.04.2012 , 07:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
My computer is probably the slowest in the world. Even at minimum settings, its quite bad. I need to go deeper.
You need to upgrade. TOR graphics are already too simple.

We need higher settings.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Mistress_Ivi
06.04.2012 , 08:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AuckaLukaum View Post
I seriously doubt anyone who says they are/have been playing this game on a single-core system. Single core processors have been obsolete for over 10 years, and even dual cores are very close close to that point. A single core processor computer can barely handle a modern desktop web browser or PDF file.

The "standard" today is a quad core, although 6 and 8 core machines are starting to become more common.

Besides which, load times are largely driven on our end by hard drive speed. If you are using an old IDE platter (also obsolete), you are going to see ridiculously long load times. A modern 7600rpm SATA II hard drive (standard, not exceptional) will give you marked improvement. An SSD upgrade would reduce load times to almost nil (assuming the rest of your board was up to date and can handle the data transfer speed).

As it stands now, the load time can be pretty long, and fairly aggravating, even on a standard to above average modern computer. But I don't believe for a minute that anyone is or has been playing this game at any time on a single core machine. And if you are, you have no right to complain. A single core computer is worth literally $2.50. Spend another $5 and buy yourself an obsolete dual core, where you'll at least get 10fps and might actually have a SATA hard drive interface.
Actually, I was running a single core... when I started it was fine, but this game *killed it* alongside with the Graphic card. I was triple logging SWG and Browsing on two different browser types and running Skype... all at the same time with my old card.

Point is, my load times have gone back to what the single core used to be a little before it died. That should not happen.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!