Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Romiz
06.03.2012 , 08:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
My computer is probably the slowest in the world. Even at minimum settings, its quite bad. I need to go deeper.
It is time to upgrade your PC.

RikHar
06.03.2012 , 10:33 PM | #12
I think the graphics are too low as it is.

Mistress_Ivi
06.03.2012 , 11:25 PM | #13
It's not a graphical issue. This game is getting slower, with every major patch.

My computer has been upgraded from a Single-core CPU to a double-core over the course of my sub; the graphics card also saw a replacement.

But the load times are getting slower and slower as the patches keep coming.

Someone in the development department is screwing something up, because it ain't the playerbase.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Eszi
06.03.2012 , 11:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
I think the graphics are too low as it is.
This.

Sarfux
06.04.2012 , 12:06 AM | #15
They should put an ultra settings...seriously...

they should put "cinematic mode" and it's just...eyegasms everywhere. If people's computers can't handle it? Guess what, turn it down
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Twickers
06.04.2012 , 12:08 AM | #16
Here's an idea, put in a draw distance, you know, something WoW had? Just a fog in front of you that lessened how much the game had to load, would work wonders for peoples computers I bet.

Razdek
06.04.2012 , 02:22 AM | #17
Its not the graphics its the game itself. I have games that have 1000x better graphics then swtor... And they still run smoother. Bioware screwed the pooch somewhere in the programming. No idea how... But they did. I still love this game but they needto fix the terrible performance and load times etc in this game

Tcracker
06.04.2012 , 03:02 AM | #18
Ive been double checking my settings every once in a while to see if my can turn up the graphics. I feel like it sucks as it is right now
Jung Ma <--- Join it

midxx
06.04.2012 , 03:18 AM | #19
I think their doing more to optimize the graphics so everyone gets more performance out of their system than they have now. Well that's what i'm hoping the will do, at very low settings the game looks very plain the only thing they can rely do is reduce spell effects, screen shaking and other unnecessary thing, well give the player the option to do so.

OneDon
06.04.2012 , 03:34 AM | #20
Controversial view:

How about not accomodating people with low spec PCs?

Time was the PC industry was about new, better, faster, more powerful technology. None of us are running WIn7 on a 486, right? New games would come out and PC enthusiast would go out buy ram, GPU etc just to run the game on medium. Console gaming saw the same thing (we won't see Halo 4 come out and expect to play it on the original X-box or even the 360, maybe. So is teh logic different for this game?). The next gen games don't code so they can be run on a PSone or P133. Nope, they demand new hardware in an industry built on the notion of development and improvement - and the public buys into that. That's why my modile phone is capable of running Grand Theft Auto 3 with a stablity that my PS2 could never do.

Honestly, it is counter intuitive to cater for PCs that are low-spec as to be borderline outdated.

I actually think it is unfair that people with low spec-computers are asking/expecting optimization that hinders the performance and enjoyment of those who follow the trend and have PCs capable of running this game at its best.

Other games, be they stand alone or MMO (which, IMO should be the most demanding of spec) are not afraid to say, "Buy a better PC/Upgrade".

[I want HD graphics]