Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will 1.3 bring new lower graphics options?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthWoad
06.03.2012 , 06:45 PM | #1
My computer is probably the slowest in the world. Even at minimum settings, its quite bad. I need to go deeper.

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.03.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2
Honestly if the textures of the game get even more nerfed ("stylized") I can as well go back to PS2 gaming...

Kourage
06.03.2012 , 06:54 PM | #3
How about black & white stick figures?
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Talarchy
06.03.2012 , 06:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
My computer is probably the slowest in the world. Even at minimum settings, its quite bad. I need to go deeper.
A 1gb video card at $48 from ebay and a 10krpm hard drive will fix your problems fast.

If you can affrod $15 a month sub (or your parents can) then they can afford a cheapo video card.

If they dumb the graphics down anymore for low detail settings, you would be running around in a wireframe environment!
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

Thuggy
06.03.2012 , 06:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
To be honest, part of the issue isn't your graphics settings, but the game's overall optimization. Its been reported numerous times, that people get reduced performance when trying to downgrade their graphics settings. Better overall optimization should be the priority before further lowering the graphics options...especially for less powerful machines.

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.03.2012 , 07:07 PM | #6
Oh yeah please, there should be a super low level graphics setting in TOR, or even better a graphics DOWNGRADE so really everyone and his uncle can play it on older machines:
SWTOR Warzone PvP Huttball on lowest settings video

Rikeryo
06.03.2012 , 07:48 PM | #7
1.3 will implement a 2d mode, but it'll still demand resources like unreal engine 4 to run smoothly.
5% club member

Wolfninjajedi
06.03.2012 , 07:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Oh yeah please, there should be a super low level graphics setting in TOR, or even better a graphics DOWNGRADE so really everyone and his uncle can play it on older machines:
SWTOR Warzone PvP Huttball on lowest settings video
Why did you insult Pong?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Grayseven
06.03.2012 , 07:57 PM | #9
See the post on the main page about optimizing your computer settings to improve performance.

Also...upgrade. This game makes tremendous use of particle effects and certain graphics cards don't play nice with them. The 4650 is a prime example of a good card that hates particle effects but a number of old cards have issues with PE's. It doesn't have to be a top of the line card to improve your performance.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.03.2012 , 08:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Why did you insult Pong?
Never! Pong is just a little blocky, but it is very CPU efficient