Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New minimum requirements of what?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
New minimum requirements of what?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vynnbast
06.03.2012 , 05:59 PM | #1
I have been trying to play this game for several months now. Me and my dad had upgraded the computer to meet the minimum requirements for the game which included upgrading the proccesser, the driver, the graphics card, and even the software. We have still have not been able to play this game still and we think that it may be the minimum requirements, We were wondering if the minimum requirements have changed since releace of the game, March 13, and now. If you were able to send us an updated minimum requirements sheet then we would appriciate it. Also we have been getting Error Code: C7 after hitting play and we may think new minimum requirements may be causing this. Thank you for your time.
FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Axolipher
06.03.2012 , 06:00 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings vynnbast,

I can confirm that we have not changed the minimum requirements since launcher. I would be happy to investigate the issue you’re currently experiencing with your error code though. To begin with the investigation I’d like to request more information about the computer you are trying to run the client on. Please reply to this thread with a DxDiag report within [spoiler][/spoiler] tags. Please follow the following steps to acquire this report;
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.

Thank You

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

CJ_SAX_MAN
06.03.2012 , 06:03 PM | #3
Your computer can't possibly be worse than what I am on and I am managing it, though barely. If they do raise the requirements I would be SoL if I was stuck with this rig, but I finally caved in and ordered a powerful gaming computer to play on, which arrives in a few days. Check out my Thread in my signature, It has alot in it from all the time I was working on it, but It may have some things you haven't tried.

My computer desperately struggles to run the game, but I don't get error codes like that. Sounds like a whole other issue.

Demonwar
06.03.2012 , 06:25 PM | #4
We can't mind read, what specs do you currently have?

CJ_SAX_MAN
06.03.2012 , 06:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Demonwar View Post
We can't mind read, what specs do you currently have?
Details are in the thread linked in my signature, but it is a 2002 windows XP, 2.66GHz Single core, Nvidia Geforce (6200 I think, I really dont remember the number). Basically horrible. maybe decent for it's time if even that, but it is way behind the times now.

Demonwar
06.03.2012 , 06:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
Details are in the thread linked in my signature, but it is a 2002 windows XP, 2.66GHz Single core, Nvidia Geforce (6200 I think, I really dont remember the number). Basically horrible. maybe decent for it's time if even that, but it is way behind the times now.
Meant the OP who has the issue.

vynnbast
06.03.2012 , 06:40 PM | #7
How do you do step 8 on Axolipher 's list?
FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Axolipher
06.03.2012 , 06:43 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings vynnbast,

Open the file that has been produced in step 7, select the text and copy it. Please then begin a new post and past the information into it so I can read through it.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

vynnbast
06.03.2012 , 06:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by vynnbast View Post
Never Mind
FOR THE REPUBLIC!

CJ_SAX_MAN
06.03.2012 , 06:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by vynnbast View Post
after you have done step 7, to paste, the key command is ctrl+v

to put it in spoiler tags, you highlight all of that that you just pasted either with your mouse (the hard way), or just again use ctrl+a to select all and click the button above the text screen that looks like a gear, or cog, or whatever.