Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Prototype leveling, acceptable to tank??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Advanced Prototype leveling, acceptable to tank??

NoVaFLuXx
12.19.2011 , 03:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shohrahn View Post
I am currently leveling as powertech with a mix of AP/F with 3 points in F for Flameburst activating the combustable ammo. I am struggling with some of the heroric missions even with Mako at my side when I use the cobustable ammo but when I use Ion Shell instead I can actually do some of them. I haven't tried ST yet but being tanky while leveling instead of damaging sure seems to be the way to go, to me atleast... I am currently level 18.
If you were trying to use combustible cylinder, and you have most of your points speced into advanced prototype., Then you will not be getting the benefit of most of the abilities from the advanced prototype tree. The best abilities in advanced prototype tree require that cylinder to be active.

suleri
12.19.2011 , 07:05 AM | #12
At least up to 32 instances can be done with fully DPS specced group. I have been running them with a guild group, so results might varry with a pug. Shield tech talents don't give you too much defensively speaking until you start geting block and absorb rating up