Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Parsers Allowed?

-Slaughterhouse-
06.03.2012 , 02:46 PM | #1
Are Parsers allowed by TOR?

Several threads suggest yes, while others suggest you will get banned.

Please, give us an answer, any TOR reps.

Thank you
Join Dark Ops
Blastfield - Dark Ops - Guildmaster
The Harbinger Server - Sith - PVE
http://darkops.enjin.com

HiltoftheDragon
06.03.2012 , 03:09 PM | #2
As you say....some say yes.....some say no.

You have a 50% chance of being banned or not.

Choose.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

TrooperSev
06.03.2012 , 03:21 PM | #3
Just make sure any parser you are using isn't interacting with the game client. Its as simple as that. Personally, my guild uses the askmrrobot.com parser. Don't need to have parsers running while we're playing. The enrage timer will tell us if we're not doing enough dps.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Mavery
06.03.2012 , 03:23 PM | #4
It has been confirmed by yellow posts numerous times that players are not banned for using parsers, and if any claim they have been, it is a mistake by the player (eg., their inability to read) or by the GMs themselves.

Rely on yellow posters, not what random, raging players say.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

Aurojiin
06.03.2012 , 04:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
It has been confirmed by yellow posts numerous times that players are not banned for using parsers, and if any claim they have been, it is a mistake by the player (eg., their inability to read) or by the GMs themselves.

Rely on yellow posters, not what random, raging players say.
Do not listen to Mavery.

Ok, sorry, I couldn't resist. But yes, it has been confirmed that using a parser is not a bannable offence (which should be quite obvious, really).

Ashlian
06.03.2012 , 05:21 PM | #6
It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59#edit4514959

Quote from Allison Berryman and the dev tracker reference I got it from regarding a supposed banning for using the Mox Parser (which I have since combat logging came out with no problems). Combat parsers are perfectly acceptable, but here's the yellow text you wanted

ImmortalAlien
06.03.2012 , 05:43 PM | #7
Aye, the TOS currently doesn't allow for in-game mods to be used on SWTOR. Your parsers have to be done by a something that doesn't directly interact with the game. AskMrRobot.com and TorParse.com have parsers to use that won't get you banned.

Aurojiin
06.03.2012 , 05:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalAlien View Post
Aye, the TOS currently doesn't allow for in-game mods to be used on SWTOR. Your parsers have to be done by a something that doesn't directly interact with the game. AskMrRobot.com and TorParse.com have parsers to use that won't get you banned.
There's nothing wrong with using a realtime parser either. They don't interact with the game's process in any way.

ImmortalAlien
06.03.2012 , 06:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
There's nothing wrong with using a realtime parser either. They don't interact with the game's process in any way.
Yeah, so long as it pretty much just reads the data coming from your combat log and displays the data as an overlay in-game, it should be fine. On the other hand, getting something that actually adds UI elements in-game would constitute as modding and potentially get you in trouble.

pure_laced
06.03.2012 , 07:51 PM | #10
I don't know a single parser that interacts with the game process, but instead just pulls from the log. We have used several parsers between Mox, swtormonitor, swtorcombatlogs, etc. They all have their quirks and nuances, but I find the latter to be the best.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter